My experience with Creators Update and Nvidia Inspector

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

My experience with Creators Update and Nvidia Inspector

Post by Alfredson007 »

This is my experience, your experience may vary but want to share this.

I have MSI GTX 1070, i've used nvidia inspector with FSX. Allowed Win10 to update to falls creators update today. It seemed to go fine. Heard that many had issues with FSX. The game worked but nvidia profile inspector did not. Re-applied the profile, tried again, still no help but my nvidia drivers went mad. Could not uninstall or re-install drivers. I finally managed to uninstall drivers using DDU.

I absolutely have no courage to use nvidia inspector right now. Your mileage may vary but if you experience issues after installing falls update this might be culprit. Now that i have my drivers installed, i still experience frameloss in youtube/netflix if i move the mouse etc. Seems very crappy update to me. But i have Paint 3D now!

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: My experience with Creators Update and Nvidia Inspector

Post by Molly - A2A »

I found a post on the Nvidia forums that revealed a way to fix your Inspector profile to work again (by the way, on my PC, NI worked as expected in windowed mode but did not apply settings when FSX was in full screen mode.)

Towards the top of the profile settings in your FSX Inspector profile you will see a setting called "Antialiasing compatibility." Set that to "0x004412C1 (Diablo III)" and it should work again. Apparently many other games that run in exclusive fullscreen mode require a similar change to the antialiasing compatibility flag to have the profile settings stick like they should. In the Fall Creators Update, MS changed how fullscreen rendering works - for example, you can disable Vsync now in a borderless windowed app (such as Prepar3D!) which wasn't actually possible before because of the desktop compositor which basically forced Vsync. Apparently this new functionality wasn't tested very well on older apps/games.

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

molleh wrote:I found a post on the Nvidia forums that revealed a way to fix your Inspector profile to work again (by the way, on my PC, NI worked as expected in windowed mode but did not apply settings when FSX was in full screen mode.)

Towards the top of the profile settings in your FSX Inspector profile you will see a setting called "Antialiasing compatibility." Set that to "0x004412C1 (Diablo III)" and it should work again. Apparently many other games that run in exclusive fullscreen mode require a similar change to the antialiasing compatibility flag to have the profile settings stick like they should. In the Fall Creators Update, MS changed how fullscreen rendering works - for example, you can disable Vsync now in a borderless windowed app (such as Prepar3D!) which wasn't actually possible before because of the desktop compositor which basically forced Vsync. Apparently this new functionality wasn't tested very well on older apps/games.
Okay thanks, i will probably try this later when i have the time courage and motivation.

EDIT: BTW i tried to enhance AA from nvidia's driver for fsx. i've tried this million times before and it have never worked, never done anything. Now it actually changed better AA to FSX's world and stock airplanes but A2A's planes still are unaffected?? Is there any way around this? My ultimate goal has always been to ditch the nvidia inspector since i've had issues with it many times before .

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

You can't use the Nvidia control panel to enhance FSX because its profile, by default, has a property that prevents AA settings from being enforced. So you need to use Inspector to turn that setting off.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

This weeks update by nvidia has mesed up everything.

For the first time ever I can actually force off vert sync in nvidia inspector.

But it seems to chop and change when I switch between full screen and windowed mode.

A hot mess is an understatement.

As for AA, the above compatibility mode does work.

But why they do this, goodness knows. I was messing around for hours trying to get any AA to work.

I really don't know what's wrong with these people.

If you're going to change the way things work, why not tell us ?

I have also decided that I hate Windows 10 .... with a passion: Constantly updating drivers without asking me, all my game settings being defaulted each time, spying on me, insisting on anti virus being on all the time..... I hate to think how much crud goes in the background.

I am utterly sick of it.

I'm going back to Windows 7. I will take control back of MY system, get it configured just so, switch off my network connection, and never be messed around by Microsoft again.

A driver update will never improve FSX performance, and if I'm not online, I won't need a firewall or anti virus.

I feel dirty using Windows 10. It is a Tablet Mode, not a system for gaming.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

molleh wrote:I found a post on the Nvidia forums that revealed a way to fix your Inspector profile to work again (by the way, on my PC, NI worked as expected in windowed mode but did not apply settings when FSX was in full screen mode.)

I finally had the courage to do this while i reinstalled my nvidia drivers (that fails everytime after 1709 update unless i select clean install) ... and.. IT WORKS! it seems that i have AA in my fsx again! big thanks!

os99sk8
Airman

Post by os99sk8 »

You Sir have just saved my FSX life :D :D
I've been struggling for all this week after attempting to fly after Win10 and nvidia driver update with no AA in full screen even after loading my previous inspector profile. Doing the compatibility setting fixed it.
I searched deep into google but this is the only place I've seen it mentioned

THANKYOU!!!
Image Image

jason allen
Airman Basic

Post by jason allen »

Thank you so much! I was so devastated when windows 10 forced The Fall Creators Update on my computer and I noticed that I had no Antialiasing
anymore, my Flight Sim that I have spent over 10k on "just last year" was ruined!
I wound back the update and it was perfect again, however after a while every time I turned my computer on The Fall Creators Update was again forced
onto my computer rendering my Sim useless "in my eyes".
I had to pay an IT expert a fair bit of money to stop my computer from updating, he strongly advised me that doing so was not a good idea but I bought this computer mainly for Flight Sim only and I wasn't willing to throw 10k out the window, so I went ahead and stopped the updates for the last couple
of months, and a few days ago Windows was telling me that I needed to update again and my heart sank.
I felt that my world was coming to an end :( I had Googled the antialiasing issue before and couldn't find any answers I could only find comments
regarding The Creating Child Window Error which I had only pop up once and never saw it again.
I needed to find an answer and I thank my lucky stars that I come across your comment I'm forever grateful to you, you are my Hero :D
After paying to get the IT expert back out to allow my computer to be updated again.
I was shaking with fear hoping that your information was correct, I started up my Sim and noticed strait away that I still had no AA so I went
into Nvidia Inspector and made the change you had suggested and then went back into my Sim and I still had no AA NOOOOOOOO :evil:
I again went back into NI and noticed that the Antialiasing behaviour flags had changed "To override any application setting", so I changed it
back to NONE and OMG!! It has worked! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
And Thank you to A2A Simulations as well Your Aircraft is SUBLIME! I own the B-17, P-47, Spitfire, P-40, Mustang P-51, C182 Skylane
And the F4U Corsair. Thank you A2A simulations for all the hard work that goes into your Aircraft they are worth a lot more than you sell them for.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”