Charts

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Justin123
Airman Basic

Charts

Post by Justin123 »

Good day everyone,

I got a question regarding Navigational Charts.
Yet so far i always departed in Europe through SID's and arrived on STAR's I
found on the Internet somewhere. But that is quite bothering me becuase some are
inaccurate and it's unorganised. My question is if there is some place which provides
a collection of Navigational Charts which are accurate and organised?

Sincerely Justin :)

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Charts

Post by MarcE »

Cheers Justin

https://skyvector.com/. This is a real worl flight planning website for more or less the whole world, charts are provided only for the USA. You may register for free but you don't have to.

A little bit expensive but in my humble opinion absolutely worth its money if you fly PMDG/FSL and so on airliners, you may use https://www.navigraph.com/Default.aspx. It provides almost (or actual?) up to date AIRACS and charts. Unfortunately they dropped LIDO charts and went to Jeppesen for some toy tools like moving map and night vision, but once you get used to the Jeppesen layout, it's absolutely great.

a lot less expensive and still very good is NavDataPro provided by Aerosoft. I haven't tried it but read a lot of very good reviews about it. Just google for it.

There are some other local websites (I used to collect them before I moved to Navigraph) but that is exactly what you did before I think... I think I read somewhere that there was a way to get charts using flightaware.com but I am not sure about this.

Greets,
Marc

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I've been using Navigraph Charts. Not particularly cheap, but I'd still recommend it highly. Indeed, they changed to Jeppesen (I've never been that much of a fan of the Jeppesen chart format), but on the good side, it seems their coverage got much better with the change. Easy to use and great coverage nowadays.

For many countries, you can find the AIP freely from the www, but others (importantly: Canada) you cannot, and having a single app helps some if you fly in random countries.

-Esa

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
If you fly on line like vatsim / ivao then they do some charts , for canada they had a link called vatcan for canada charts , but i think its in the process of being updated , if you google airport charts the ones shown will always be old out of date charts , but can still be used to some degree.
As a word of caution , if you decide to fly in papa new guinea , you will have next to no chance of finding charts , as the airport names and icao codes are constantly changing , so much so jeppson gave up doing charts in this area.
regards alan. 8) :lol:

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Charts

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up on my favorite EFB for FS use - FltPlan GO - only caveat is you need to live and fly in North America...

It supports Apple IOS/Android/Windows for FSX/P3D/XP...

It’s the only FREE source of geo-referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams I know of...

Best thing since sliced bread and costs you nothing...

Flying over the Rockies and racing a storm front in my favorite biz jet - the FSW Lear 35A - into Sun Valley ID... For the record - I lost the race - weather closed in below minimums and had to divert to Pocatello...

MORE INFO
http://imageserver.fltplan.com/ipad/Flt ... lanGo.html

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”