Does FSX:SE come with updated db for airports/airspace

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

Does FSX:SE come with updated db for airports/airspace

Post by CessnaSkypilotN7365W »

I currently run FSX:Gold (box) and, with my new system, I am quite pleased with the performance I'm getting and don't feel the urge to spend my hard-earn SSI money on something I don't need....

....except....

Does Steam Edition come with an updated database for airports and airspace or would I be buying the same as I already have? Before you go off on the benefits of this or that,one sim vs another, I beg you to stick to the question. I have read some other posts and the posters and readers are reminded not to trash other companies and competitors. I AM NOT asking anyone to do that!

The other day I wanted to fly to an airport just north of Tampa, Fla, and FSX doesn't even know it exist. Also, a nearby airport to that one was under a different name. Obviously the FAA has done some shuffling since my database was last updated. God only knows... probably from back in the 90's

Is there an updated database for FSX ? (next to free) :wink:

Thanks for your time... 8)
Roger

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Does FSX:SE come with updated db for airports/airspace

Post by Molly - A2A »

All of the scenery and navigation data is the same as boxed FSX. If you're interested in updated approach data, navaids, airspaces, airport names/codes/comms etc, I highly recommend FSAeroData. https://www.fsaerodata.com/ It takes current Navigraph data (you need a subscription to that service as well) and updates FSX/P3D with it. However it will NOT add any airports, only modify existing ones in the sim, and it won't modify add on airports.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Also Hervé Sors has been providing some updates to the FS database. It would be free as well.

-Esa

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Hi Roger

I'm a fellow Florida retired sim pilot and my "Home airport" is FA40, Hidden Lake. I am just north of the runway.

If you would like to add some updated and free Florida airports look in the file library on flightsim.com. Art Poole has over 40 listed and Frederick Zealor has almost 60. I am very pleased with the updates both of these contributors have to offer. If you search for Florida over 175 files are listed.

Another great place for free scenery is http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/us.html

Take care
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

Post by CessnaSkypilotN7365W »

Thanx Ed. Yes I am in Fla. X59 - Valkaria is my home airport. In real life it is less than 10 miles as a crow flies from my house.

I will check it out.

Roger

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”