A2A floatplanes?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
xvii-Dietrich
Airman

A2A floatplanes?

Post by xvii-Dietrich »

Hello. I'm new here. Have been lurking on the forums for a few days trying to figure things out. I must admit, I'm still a bit confused.

What I'm looking for is a top-quality floatplane simulator. I've seen videos/reviews the A2A accu-sim Texan T-6, B-17, C-172, C-182, etc. and have been very impressed. Is there anything of similar standard, but done for a float-plane?

The only one I can find which I think has a float-option is the Piper-J3 (LINK). But if I understand correctly, this is FSX only (not P3D) and you need to purchase the Accu-Sim part separately. Is that right?

I noted that there was mention of wave-physics for P3D-accu-feel (REF), but that's just the effects, right? Not an actual aircraft? And it is not going to apply to the Piper-J3 which is FSX?

So... what's the best floatplane recommendation? Thanks!

chadryan
Senior Airman

Re: A2A floatplanes?

Post by chadryan »

You’re correct. The Cub is the only A2A aircraft on floats. It’s not yet available for P3D but will be at some point. The way it behaves on water is unlike anything else in flight sim. It’s amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Have you seen the MilViz DHC-2 Beaver?

It's not Accu-Sim but with Accu-Feel it's not bad and it's for P3D according to the release notes .

I have it for FSX and it's pretty good. I have not yet got the Piper Accu-Sim (soon!) so I can't offer a comparison.
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Not up to A2A standards, but I still enjoy the Aerosoft Catalina. I also have Accu-Feel 2.0 on my system.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

xvii-Dietrich
Airman

Post by xvii-Dietrich »

That's great. Thanks for the suggestions.

Regarding Accu-Feel... that's not available (yet) for Prepar 3D, right? But, I am assuming that when it is, it can then be applied to any aircraft... including, for example, the MilViz DHC-2 Beaver or the JustFlight DHC-3 Otter?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”