Any ideas for stutter in P3D v4.1

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
theskyisthelimit99
Airman Basic

Re: Any ideas for stutter in P3D v4.1

Post by theskyisthelimit99 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:P3Dv4 has a lot of changes, are you using native P3Dv4 add-ons or shoehorning P3Dv3 and previous addons into P3Dv4? That is a known red flag to course frustrating issues and why we and other P3Dv4 developers will only ever advise content made using the new P3Dv4 SDK/PDK for correct use and stability of your platform.

thanks,
Lewis
In my case it's vanilla p3dv4.1 with any p3dv4 vector product.. add that and at hard fast turning angles you can see the stuttering as you move over the ground every few seconds.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

I think i found a way guys, these settings eliminated almost all of my stutter, shoutout to CptVince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5iGTSlGXs&t=181s

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Caldemeyn,

maybe you want to take a look on this topic:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index. ... me-rates/&

not a masterplan, but maybe pointing to the right direction..

My NVIDIA settings will probablly not help you as my control panel is completely in german, but people advice not to use the NVIDIA Inspector anymore as it was done with the 32 bit sims. If it helps then everything is fine of course.

I only use the control panel and the P3Dv4 settings.. most can be solved using MSAA and playing with the FPS limit combined with vsync. (topic linked above)

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

The vid already points out to limit the frames, however i think that the tear control to adaptive might have been a factor here. Now its buttery smooth on full settings.

I know about this topic on fsl forum. :)

I encourage to try this method, for me, it got the job done 8)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”