Engine swap suggestion for accusim

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Engine swap suggestion for accusim

Post by patful »

I'm really looking forward to the Stearman 75 with tip tanks.

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

I'm going to put my money on the Cessna 310 as well. So unusual for Scott to give multiple clues about an upcoming release!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

chadryan wrote:So unusual for Scott to give multiple clues about an upcoming release!
Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to be extremely surprised. :D

If I was putting money on a guess, I'd still go with the Bonanza first, as it would be extremely obvious, ticking all the clues. (Perhaps even too obvious? ;))

If it was a twin, it probably is from the lighter end of the spectrum, and Cessna 310 would be a fitting choice. Baron would also fit in, but somehow I doubt it being the first twin. In matter of fact, I believe we do get another single before the first twin, because somehow all the changeable engines, tip tanks etc. sound just "too much" for the first twin. Obviously, I wouldn't mind at all to be surprised in this one.

-Esa

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

AKar wrote:
chadryan wrote:So unusual for Scott to give multiple clues about an upcoming release!
Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to be extremely surprised. :D

If I was putting money on a guess, I'd still go with the Bonanza first, as it would be extremely obvious, ticking all the clues. (Perhaps even too obvious? ;))

If it was a twin, it probably is from the lighter end of the spectrum, and Cessna 310 would be a fitting choice. Baron would also fit in, but somehow I doubt it being the first twin. In matter of fact, I believe we do get another single before the first twin, because somehow all the changeable engines, tip tanks etc. sound just "too much" for the first twin. Obviously, I wouldn't mind at all to be surprised in this one.

-Esa

I think you've said what many of us are thinking. Perhaps the only thing we can rule out is that it won't be a COTS or warbird release. And I do hope that it's not one of these :x :

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Reading the post about Single engine retractable gear GA in the pilot lounge forum.. got me thinking about this..
It could be the Cessna 210! lycoming, Continentals, Allison Turbine...

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

stephan.cote.1 wrote:It could be the Cessna 210! lycoming, Continentals, Allison Turbine...
With a couple of tip tank options? :)

-Esa

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

You've all been had. :mrgreen:

I say A2A is flying under everyone's radar and is about to release the Lockheed T-33. Complete with options for Allison J-33, Rolls Royce Nene, and Garret Research engines. Tip tanks will be choice of Standard or Fletcher type. :D
Image Image Image
ImageImage

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

batt wrote:You've all been had. :mrgreen:

I say A2A is flying under everyone's radar and is about to release the Lockheed T-33. Complete with options for Allison J-33, Rolls Royce Nene, and Garret Research engines. Tip tanks will be choice of Standard or Fletcher type. :D
Well, why not? No one saw the C182 coming after all. :)

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

ClipperLuna wrote:
batt wrote:You've all been had. :mrgreen:

Well, why not? No one saw the C182 coming after all. :)
:| In all seriousness, I gotta admit it's probably the Bonanza, but oh what fun it would be to suddenly find out A2A was now in the gas turbine business.
Image Image Image
ImageImage

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

How thoughtful of A2A.

It's nearly my 40th and 1st birthday and I'm going to fly now!

*vanishes*
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I'm not expecting a turbine, although of course A2A have likely been beavering away at this for a few years. I'd be very surprised if it was anything other than a piston engine aircraft, but don't ask me to put money on whether it will be a single or twin. And it's going to have to be good to top the Comanche, but I'm sure that's do-able. Because I like the Comanche so much, a Twin Comanche would be great. It may fit the bill, too, as over the years it has had 160hp engines, 200hp engines, turbocharged engines, counter rotating props, tip tanks and all manner of aerodynamic enhancement addons. Plus, it look good, too.

Pilot report: http://www.planecheck.com/twincom.htm

Whatever it is, with the options that Scott mentions, it sounds exciting. Let's hope it happens this year.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Oops esa, I had forgotten about the tip jar

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

85chevy4x4
Airman

Post by 85chevy4x4 »

Come on Scott, give us another clue. Even if the release is far out :D

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

To recap what we have ( :mrgreen: ):

1. Three engine choices are planned. And specifically, they (I assume two of three, the third one being the original engine for the airplane) are STCs to some as-certified model.

This is significant clue, because it makes it very probable that the engine options are based on some real world engine conversions that are applicable to our next Accusim type. This is in contrast with what was originally planned to the Cherokee: whereas 150, 160 and 180 hp original Hershey bar Cherokees are basically the same model, the 235 for instance is not.

Also, this means that the airplane does not simulate various year models that may have had different engines, but specifically real-life conversions of given single model.

2. Possible an option to select two different kinds of tip tanks.

So, I think we are looking for a relatively common GA type that has common engine conversions available and does some tip tanks.

The question would be, single or twin? I suspect it will be a single.

-Esa

iflyc77
Senior Airman

Post by iflyc77 »

Three engine types plus tip tanks and the Bonanza have been mentioned....but what about the T34?

470/520/550

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”