Engine swap suggestion for accusim

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engine swap suggestion for accusim

Post by Tomas Linnet »

What about a Beaufighter?? I've seen pictures with Merlins :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

You guys are so precise... I suppose no surprise there :) The airplane that is in development now, and our next one to be released can have three different engine types installed.

And we might have two different styles of tip tanks too. We're making hopefully the final test flight this Tuesday.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

D'Shannon & Osborne? :mrgreen: LINK, LINK and LINK [pdf]

-Esa

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

So the next release could look like this??

Or Like this?

Or even like this??

Just hopefully not like this :oops: :

I guess readers may now have guessed my tip as to what the next release will be. But I'm still going to get ready to turn my face away from the airborne eggs if I'm not right. I wonder if bottled oxygen is also involved?

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Or perhaps like this? :twisted:

I saw this one in person just last weekend. NICE HEAD TURNING MACHINE!

Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Is that a turboprop??

Of course, it could also be one of these. It also has a choice of engines and tip tanks.

Think I'll stop guessing now. My head hurts :lol: :roll:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Dogsbody55 wrote:

Mike,

What was that Doctor's name? :lol:

As the old saying goes... "A fool and his money will soon be ... flying more aeroplane than he can handle".

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I think it was Dr Daffy Duck. :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Cessna 310. Here's the AOPA description: https://www.aopa.org/go-fly/aircraft-an ... cessna-310.

Three engine types (all Continental) : Carbureted IO-470-D 1960 310D, injected IO-520-M in the 1978 310R, and turbocharged TSIO-520-B in the 1981 T310R.

Two tip tank types: the early "tuna" tanks, and the later "Stabila Tips."

Bonus: here's an interesting YouTube video on ownership of a real Cessna 310: https://www.aopa.org/go-fly/aircraft-an ... cessna-310.

I'm in!

Seeya
ATB

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Paughco wrote:Cessna 310. Here's the AOPA description: https://www.aopa.org/go-fly/aircraft-an ... cessna-310.

Three engine types (all Continental) : Carbureted IO-470-D 1960 310D, injected IO-520-M in the 1978 310R, and turbocharged TSIO-520-B in the 1981 T310R.

Bonus: here's an interesting YouTube video on ownership of a real Cessna 310: https://www.aopa.org/go-fly/aircraft-an ... cessna-310.

I'm in!

Seeya
ATB
Now, that is a great looking plane. Love the missile-look. Would complemen the future rocket Piper Aerostar nicely.

Dog! These are amazingly exciting times.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

afcraig2010
Staff Sergeant

Post by afcraig2010 »

Cessna 310 is what I came here to say. We are in need of a twin and they know it :) I'm excited.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Paughco wrote:Cessna 310. Here's the AOPA description: https://www.aopa.org/go-fly/aircraft-an ... cessna-310.

I'm in!

Seeya
ATB

I'd be a first day buyer of that too. Great suggestion. I'd prefer to see a GA twin next, but I wouldn't be at all disappointed with something like a Bonanza, especially V tail. The whole choice of engines/tip tanks sounds very exciting to me. Hope Scott's testing goes well today and looking forward to the release tomorrow!! :mrgreen: :lol: :twisted:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Cessna 310 is one of my favorite small airplanes by looks. I've never been involved with one in reality, unfortunately, only seen some.

These engine options do not fit into the hint of them being STC options, however, as they represent different model variants of the type. That said, there are several engine conversion STCs available to 310 (and other twin Cessnas as well): RAM, Colemill, etc, and the tip tanks would fit as well. So if it turned out to be a twin, a twin Cessna, 310 in particular, would be among the most likely candidates, I'd think.

-Esa

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Well, a Bonanza would be great, but we do already have a high-performance single and we've been waiting for a twin for awhile now. That 310 does look good. I'm curious, what are some examples of different engine swaps you can do to a particular model variant of the 310?

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

ClipperLuna wrote:I'm curious, what are some examples of different engine swaps you can do to a particular model variant of the 310?
See here, for starters. :)

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”