Engine swap suggestion for accusim

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Re: Engine swap suggestion for accusim

Post by caribpilot »

M.Carter
Private Pilot

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Dogsbody55 wrote:
patful wrote:I love the V35, but with the bashing it took in the A2A Comanche Pilot Manual, I doubt it's anywhere on the horizon.
I wouldn't say the Comanche manual was "bashing" the Bonanza as such, and on that basis alone, I wouldn't rule out a Bonanza as the next release. In my opinion, what the Comanche manual points out is the difference between the 2 planes and how the Comanche was designed to ensure more benign handling characteristics in comparison to the earlier design. In particular is the wing profile and the NACA section chosen which Beech thought might be appropriate to the potential buyer, who would have had a military background such as the Corsair. Also, I'd like to remind readers that we have seen mention of the Bonanza and it's wing in prevous A2A manuals appropriate to the earlier GA releases. So if, as AKar surmises, the next release is in fact a Bonanza of some sort with the engine options he suggests, then get ready for some nasty surprises as you fly your latest A2A purchase. I'd further like to remind readers that the Corsair was a plane that pilots either loved or hated, because of it's flying characteristics. To which I say, "bring it on!!"

Of course, all this is speculation. A2A have surprised us once or thrice in the past, so equally, it could be a DHC-3 Otter. Think about it. They are certified for:
1) The original 600hp engine (which struggled to get a fully loaded float plane off the water!!);
2) A 1,000hp radial of Polish origin, if my aged brain recall's correctly, or;
3) PT-6 turbine version.

Or it could be none of the above. But it will be out Monday. Ron said so, and I'm sure he wouldn't lie to us. :lol: :twisted:

Cheers,
Mike

PS. Still hoping it's a twin, though.
I was so going to say the Otter too! Could even get my dad on the beta team on such bird. He has 5000hrs , 4300 of them on the type.. mostly on floats and ski....

That would be a dream. Don't wanna bash on milviz but it's so far from A2A standard...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Doubting Otter here for 2 reasons -

1) JustFlight just released theirs.
2) MilViz is about to release theirs.

Yes, A2A Accusim offerings are massively more in-depth and realistic than the above 2 companies, but at the same time, A2A hasn't historically been one to compete with other developers that directly. I don't see them changing that now.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I only threw the Otter in as an example of what A2A might release. They probably won't as it would mean Accusim for turbines which I suspect is a ways off. But it does come with 3 engine types, so expect the unexpected. Could be an Arrow, too.

However, the fact that Scott has made an announcement about the next release gives me hope that a release might happen this year, which would be great. I'd be happiest with a GA twin, but if it's not, then a Bonanza would also join my hangar. It would be nice to sample something other than a Piper or Cessna. I never used to like GA planes in Flightsim, until A2A released theirs, and now I'm having a blast with them.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

I can dream about an Aerostar; atmospheric, turbo and turbine :mrgreen:
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Tomas Linnet wrote:OK....I just really like a twin :D
A twin? Where's my wallet...? :mrgreen:

Indeed, it has been hinted to be in development for several times. However, I feel that this engine STC option would be a "bit too much" for their first twin, because I'd expect it to put rather heavy emphasis on the nuances of dragging that other one with you. Of course, again, it was nowhere mentioned that this thing with engine choices would be the next release, but that would also feel logical.

Bonanza just fits so well for this STC-game, but of course it could be something totally different as well. :)

-Esa

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

AKar wrote: Bonanza just fits so well for this STC-game, but of course it could be something totally different as well. :)

-Esa
I know, but we already have a complex SEP :)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Tomas Linnet wrote:
AKar wrote: Bonanza just fits so well for this STC-game, but of course it could be something totally different as well. :)

-Esa
I know, but we already have a complex SEP :)
Indeed we do, and since the last GA aircraft we've had the T6 and the Connie, so I'm ready for some more GA-lovin'.

Not to in any way imply, hint, or suggest, that I'd be frowning at the prospect of a new Spitfire (in addition to the MKI and MKII) - quite contrary. :P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Why so little talk of a Comanche twin?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Tomas Linnet wrote:I know, but we already have a complex SEP :)
Yea, though one could say that even the current offerings have quite a bit of overlap in between them. I'd figure Bonanza and Comanche are quite different.

I've been thinking about what else it could be, if it wasn't Bonanza. Of course there are other airplanes with common engine conversion STCs (including my personal favorite: Cessna 185), but can't think of anything that would make as much sense. Some twin Cessnas for instance have fairly common engine conversions, and so do the Baron, but for a twin, I can only think it would be "too much" for the first product.

Interesting times ahead! :)

-Esa

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

A Mooney aircraft can also fit the bill....It would be quite interesting to see an Accusim Mooney M20R with engine mods etc..
M.Carter
Private Pilot

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

A slight update to the guessing game :mrgreen:: "next" has now been mentioned.
Scott - A2A wrote:The next Accu-Sim aircraft in development atm will come with the ability to install one of three engines :) And maybe a few more surprises, we'll see, we're discussing those options right now.
-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

AKar wrote:A slight update to the guessing game :mrgreen:: "next" has now been mentioned.
Scott - A2A wrote:The next Accu-Sim aircraft in development atm will come with the ability to install one of three engines :) And maybe a few more surprises, we'll see, we're discussing those options right now.
-Esa
The lack of commas in Scott’s post make it unclear.

‘The next Accu-Sim aircraft, in development atm, will come with.....”
VS
“The next Accu-Sim aircraft in development, atm will come with.....”

The difference of that comma can mean worlds.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Yeah, and would that mean the next one in development after the one in finalizing stages...? ;)

-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Yes, it would.

I’m hoping for that twin soon. But in any case, a new Accusim plane is always exciting.

In the meantime I can be happy loving the ones we already have. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”