Engine swap suggestion for accusim

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Engine swap suggestion for accusim

Post by AKar »

iflyc77 wrote:Three engine types plus tip tanks and the Bonanza have been mentioned....but what about the T34?
That is a Bonanza! :mrgreen:

-Esa

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

AKar wrote:To recap what we have ( :mrgreen: ):

1. Three engine choices are planned. And specifically, they (I assume two of three, the third one being the original engine for the airplane) are STCs to some as-certified model.

This is significant clue, because it makes it very probable that the engine options are based on some real world engine conversions that are applicable to our next Accusim type. This is in contrast with what was originally planned to the Cherokee: whereas 150, 160 and 180 hp original Hershey bar Cherokees are basically the same model, the 235 for instance is not.

Also, this means that the airplane does not simulate various year models that may have had different engines, but specifically real-life conversions of given single model.

2. Possible an option to select two different kinds of tip tanks.

So, I think we are looking for a relatively common GA type that has common engine conversions available and does some tip tanks.

The question would be, single or twin? I suspect it will be a single.

-Esa
I like how your reasoning is leading towards the Bonanza. I would love to get a Bonanza for the sim accusimmed. it’s such an iconic GA aircraft. And I think since we haven’t gotten anything GA turbocharged it’ll be a single as well.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

What about the Cessna 210?
M.Carter
Private Pilot

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

caribpilot wrote:What about the Cessna 210?
The 210 didn’t have tip tanks did it?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

The Cessna 210 had aero tip tanks from Flint Aero. The C210 also had a few engine options as well.

It would be quite something if A2A made these C210 versions.

M.Carter
Private Pilot

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

If Bonanza is indeed the most likely contender (though my heart yet yearns for the C310), what are we thinking (hoping?) is more likely: V-tail or conventional tail?

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

ClipperLuna wrote:If Bonanza is indeed the most likely contender (though my heart yet yearns for the C310), what are we thinking (hoping?) is more likely: V-tail or conventional tail?
The A2A Comanche pilot manual was not kind to the V-tail, soooooo... Me? I'd prefer the V35...

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

My head agrees with Esa in that I think it will probably be a single and for the same reasons. If it is a Bonanza, I hope it's the V tail Model 35. I like the suggestion of a T-34, too. Not so keen on high wing jobs, though, but I'd buy a Cessna 210.

But my heart says GA twin, such as the Cessna 310, or better still, a Twin Comanche.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I’d love a V-Tail Bonanza. In my opinion that’s a beautiful aircraft.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Engine swap suggestion for accusim

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Nice pictures of that C210 - if any of you guys recall Lou Betti (Dreamfleeet) - after he sold his Dakota he bought a C210 and spoke very highly of it - it’s a true cross country machine... Speaking of Dreamfleet - I sorely miss my FS9 Bonanza and would very much like to see a high fidelity model produced again... I’m partial to the F33...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

This may not fit the clues given, but an Accusim Mooney Ovation 2 would also be quite nice. That being said, the Bonanza seems to be the top candidate that would fit the clues Scott mentioned. The Cessna T210 is also just as good with so many mods that can be added to it.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Even if it is Cessna's turn assuming the lineup would continue with the two, I somehow doubt it would be 210. I don't know why, but I don't see it likely. I'd love one, though, or its fixed-gear version, the 206 and its brothers. Albeit as I always mention: 206 is just a cheap attempt to produce a 185 knockoff for the market that doesn't know better. :mrgreen: To me, the later A185E & F in particular, carrying more than a Comanche 250 even while having floats bolted under it, are the ultimate GA four-by-fours, and have a special place in my heart. Talking about some almost 1600 lbs of usable load in landplane configuration.

But speaking of the type, the 210, a one of more interesting variants would be P210, which is the pressurized variant. In reality, I'm highly suspicious about these pressurized single engine pistons, avoiding them to my best effort, but it would make an interesting one to simulate.

-Esa

MX-Leader
Airman First Class

Post by MX-Leader »

My first choice would be the twin comanche... but lets be honest. Im probably buying whatever it is.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

You know, if we sent in a spy to go through Scott's log book we could probably narrow it down quite a bit. :D

85chevy4x4
Airman

Post by 85chevy4x4 »

Scott's probably at home laughing and saying "nah, they ain't even close". As he works on latest plane. :lol:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”