FS Flying School - Recommended ? Seems Complicated

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

FS Flying School - Recommended ? Seems Complicated

Post by Gabe777 »

Given I have a couple of the addons that are given detailed treatment, wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this ?

I am a terrible pilot.... it may be what I need.... but the various packages seem a little intimidating.

Is it like FS2 Crew....do the instructors do stuff, or just give you attitude if you don't do it right ?

Thoughts ?
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FS Flying School - Recommended ? Seems Complicated

Post by dvm »

Lots of flight training manuals out there. The information applies to real world piloting as well as simulation. There is a;ways a learning curve. It may seem intimidating at first just stick with it "Rome wasn't built in a day". :D

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Gabe777

Have a look at the CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/index.php they offer some excellent training. All training are usen shared cockpit and a TeamSpeak channel. I can highly recommend it. All training are in the default Cessna 172, but everythin you learn can be used in A2A addons.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

Gabe, I’ve been using FS Flying School for almost two years now and enjoy the program. Recently I updated to their latest version and find the new changes very much like my real life training. I think you can download a trial version and see how you like it first.
The software is fairly easy to use. Set up takes about 20 minutes to install and configure assuming you have to set up speech recognition with your OS. Once it’s set up you just need to open your flight plan in the simulator then open FSFS and hit connect. That’s it.
I did try FS2 Crew a while back and I found it more as a copilot rather than a training tool like FSFS.
Hope this helps.
Ron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

FSFlyingSchool
Airman

Post by FSFlyingSchool »

Hi Folks!

Thanks Ron for helping Gabe - excellent advice on what FSFlyingSchool is and how it works. :D

I publish FSFlyingSchool and wanted to confirm what Ron said - we do indeed have free demos of all our products. They have no time limit at all so you can fly for hours, practicing take-offs, landings and all the rest, in your favorite planes - and make sure you are entirely satisfied before even thinking about making a purchase. And of course FSFlyingSchool includes especially detailed treatment of several A2A planes, including the c172, Cherokee and Comanche.

Please let me know if you have any questions. :)

Have a great weekend of flights!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

We can recommend fs flying school, a great program to help users of all skill levels, and even if you approach simming on a more gamer relaxed approach its still great fun having goals and what not, and then by the end of it you have learn all sorts without realising :mrgreen: 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FSFlyingSchool
Airman

Post by FSFlyingSchool »

Thanks for your kind words Lewis!

Yes - everyone can find plenty of useful features in FSFlyingSchool, from folks who are starting out to pilots who (for example) use it to set up approaches at airports they use in the real world.

It's packed with features and packed with options, so folks can configure it to work the way that best suits them. :wink:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”