Bug induced by 4.1 ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Bug induced by 4.1 ?

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

I don't know for you, but updating to 4.1 remove my ability to steer on the ground.. as if 4.1 used a different way to model ground friction of the nosewheel on both the 182 and the pa24...
havent try the T6 or the PA28 yet...

Once airborn the rudder authority is back to normal..

It also ruined the scaling of the elevator trim indicator in the Comanche.. still works, but can't rely on the indicator on the overhead.. in barely moves now...

mike4370
Senior Airman

Re: Bug induced by 4.1 ?

Post by mike4370 »

Yep for me too, i cant steer on the ground. at least int the 182. i havent tried any other planes yet. just when you thought you had a great update, and then..... well you know the rest
... just tried the 172, cant steer that either. going back to version 4.0

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

That would sound like a P3D bug to me. Has anyone tried a non-A2A aircraft to confirm? For example, default aircraft?

If it is a Prepared3D bug, hopefully they will be speedy in releasing a hot-fix or reveal a user end fix.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

its definately a P3D bug. i just reverted back to 4.0 and it works fine again

bills511
Airman

Post by bills511 »

Same issue here with 172, 182, and Comanche.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Seems to be specific to certain aircraft - my only flight so far in 4.1 was in the Manfred Jahn C-47 v3 and there were no changes to ground handling. Worked well, same as in 4.0. Haven't had a chance to try any A2As (or any others yet). Flying time is short over the next few days but I'll let you know if I get a chance to test anything else.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I downloaded and installed the "client," not the full 4.1 program, and noted the same problem with the ground steering and differential braking on the Comanche. Also, the Shift+2 and Shift+3 panels didn't work. I reverted to the previous version and all is well. Think I'll wait until they get it sorted out.

Seeya
ATB

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

For what it's worth, I reinstalled client, content and scenery. There's some indication in the Avsim discussion thread that it may be necessary to do at least client and content - client-only seems to be associated with ground handling problems. There's one user there who says his PMDG aircraft were fine after a complete reinstall. Most of this is speculative - we've just been at this for a few hours - but it might be something to think about.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Thank you for the word, Alan_A. I guess I'll have to download the whole thing and start over again.

Seeya
ATB

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

have you guys tried a reinstall of the legacy simconnect files? no idea if it even makes sense but in the past this sometimes helped me after v3 updates.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Per Rob Ainscough's post in the Avsim thread, a complete reinstall shouldn't be necessary. Worth noting (I wasn't fully aware of this) that even if you install the three modules, that's not a reinstall - there's a fourth component, called Prepar3d Professional on my setup (I suppose there's also an academic one if you have that license) that contains most of the program files, and that doesn't get touched in the 4.1 update. So even though I updated all three modules, most of my P3D settings, like the .cfg, remained intact. It was actually pretty quick and mostly painless.

There are threads now in the P3D forum as well as Avsim, with people trying to work out what the ground handling issue is. It doesn't seem to be happening consistently and it's not clear what the cause is. Watch those spaces.

EDIT: Legacy Simconnect could be worth a look.
Last edited by Alan_A on 11 Oct 2017, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

ok I have tried my A2A fleet now: no ground handling. I have a completely fresh install of P3D 4.1 due to a new SSD. back to 4.0 (latest client installer from LM) the handling is fine.

I will have to try my PMDG aircraft...

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

A few guys on the avsim forum confirmed that EZDok "Fuselage Shakes" option causes this issue.
Michael Krawczyk

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

some1 - A2A wrote:A few guys on the avsim forum confirmed that EZDok "Fuselage Shakes" option causes this issue.
Hi Michael,

I don't have EZDok... :?

Cheers,
Marc

Scotflieger
Airman

Post by Scotflieger »

I have also found that the A2A C182 and C172 nose wheel are not steerable under P3Dv4.1 using FSUIPC5 (rudder and nose steering axis linked). The default aircraft like B58 and F35A as well as PMDG737NGX work fine. I do not use EZDOCs.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”