Bug induced by 4.1 ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Re: Bug induced by 4.1 ?

Post by Tutmeister »

Same here, updated just the client and content as the two fixes in scenery aren't worth the pain!
A2A aircraft won't steer, tried 172, Cherokee and commanche.
Ngx, all default and pretty much every just flight p3d aircraft the have released all steer properly.
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scotflieger wrote:I have also found that the A2A C182 and C172 nose wheel are not steerable under P3Dv4.1 using FSUIPC5 (rudder and nose steering axis linked). The default aircraft like B58 and F35A as well as PMDG737NGX work fine. I do not use EZDOCs.
yep, for me it's only the A2A airplanes, but all of them that are currently v4 compatible. PMDG and Aerosoft CRJ are ok.

Rudders via P3D control settings, engine controls, ailerons and elevator via FSUIPC.

Seat7A
Airman First Class

Post by Seat7A »

Tried the the A2A Commance, 172 and 182 and all have the problem with steering on the ground. I have only installed the 4.1 client. I dont have EZDOK. It also seems that the aircraft get to little power to move on the ground. All is very slow.

Thomas
ESNN
Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3, MSFS2020, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, 2 Corsair M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 32GB DDR4, Win 10 BenQ 32” 4K. A2A, Q400, Maddog, IFly B737

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

Maybe the A2A Accusim shake effect is done similar to the way EZDOK is doing, thus the same issue.
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

I can add the T-6 Texan to the growing list. Installed both Client and Content.

Started the flight on the runway. Flew to another airport, landed the T-6 and could not get off the runway - of course no chance of a ground loop either!

Haven't tried any other A2A aircraft at this point.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

Question: did any of you who is having problems do a complete reinstall? The guy on Avsim who found out about this problem just posted he solved it by doing a complete reinstall of the entire sim. And that also means completely removing every trace of LM in the various folders (also the hidden ones).

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

The guy on avsim didn't re-test with a2a so I do t know if it fixed it. Try this?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=126999
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

bills511
Airman

Post by bills511 »

I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of 4.1 and deleted the 5 folders following Poppet at Avsim instructions. All add-ons previously installed in \Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons (aircrafts, sceneries) loaded normally. A2A 172,182, & Comanche still do not work. (ground handling). I do not use EZDOK. I don't have FSUIPC installed. A2A's input configurator does not have a setting for rudder function.

Japo32
Senior Airman

Post by Japo32 »

Same problem here. Disable the fuselage shaking in Ezdok, but the same problem. Also don't have any brakes when I apply them (and they are assigned). made a client and content update.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Reinstalling the sim won't help. We have found a possible source of the issue in 4.1 and reported it to Lockheed.
Michael Krawczyk

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I tried the steering in the Connie first, worked fine. Whew! Then tried the Comanche, nothing. Brakes work fine. Didn't bother with the Texan, figured it wouldn't work either. No EZDOK, no FSUIPC, all controls assigned in P3D.

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

they're saying its EZdoc, i dont have EZdoc I have chase plane and i still have the steering problem

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

some1 - A2A wrote:Reinstalling the sim won't help. We have found a possible source of the issue in 4.1 and reported it to Lockheed.
Good to hear. Although this apparently means it is something LM has to fix and A2A can't do anything about it, right?

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

I have a vanilla OS installation due to SSD failure and therefore also a vanilla P3D 4,1 installation.

No EZDOK, all Axis assigned thorugh FSUIPC

And I have this error ( just tried the T6)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

As stated previously, last evening I downloaded the client file for P3Dv4.1, and installed it per instructions from Lockheed Martin. Sure enough, the nose wheel steering on my Comanche was negative function. Also, I couldn't get the Shift+2 and Shift+3 windows to come up. I was able to revert to the previous version of the client and all is good.

I believe I saw a post that said the nose wheel steering problem isn't there if you load the whole program rather than just update the client file. I have downloaded the complete P3Dv4.1.

So my question is: Does the Comanche nose wheel steering, differential braking, and the Shift+2 and Shift+3 windows work if you load the entire P3Dv4.1 program?

Thank you
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”