Nice flight in the Comanche today

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Nice flight in the Comanche today

Post by Paughco »

Gotta say - I am sure enjoying flying my A2A aircraft in P3Dv4, ORBX, and AS4. I think I've finally gotten my flight sim, scenery, and weather dialed in for my machine. It feels really real!

I mostly fly my A2A Comanche and my A2A T-6, when I'm not logging time for DC-3 airways in my MJ C-47 (also a blast to fly). I have an A2A Connie, but sadly, she mostly sits in the hangar.

I have found that the T-6 and the Comanche are both very demanding on landings, each in their own particular ways. The T-6 will bite you in the a** if you don't have her lined up with the runway on touchdown, and if you aren't right there on the rudder pedals during rollout. The Comanche demands good speed control on final and a smooth hand on pitch during the flare. Otherwise you balloon or you get a carrier landing. I have to fly both frequently in order to get satisfactory landings.

Today I flew my Comanche (the beautiful jade/white N5665P) from Friday Harbor (KFHR) to a pretty decent touch and go at Skagit (KBVS), then a nice landing at home base, Arlington (KAWO).

Can't wait to get back into my A2A P-40!

Seeya
ATB

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Nice flight in the Comanche today

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Paughco,

I agree with you on the T-6 - very demanding as a whole and especially on landing. I don't have the Comanche yet, and cannot speak. According to me another speed and pitch demanding like Comanche is the A2A Skylane. This airplane is very easy to balloon on landing if you dont get the right speed and pitch. I like your short flight experience sharings accompanied with screenshot. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Great pic. Each plane is great in its own way. Can’t wait to see what they have up their sleeve for the future
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Really nice paint and screenshot.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very Nice indeed, I really like the sky lighting too!

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Great Pic, Paughco. So far the Comanche's my favorite. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's found landing it challenging sometimes. When I first got it I especially struggled with landing at different weights. I was fine with a full load of passengers, then I'd balloon like crazy if it was just me and a couple hours of fuel. I think this made it more satisfying when I finally got things under control with my speed, though. I've also found keeping some weight in the back, maybe 20-30 lbs, helps if I'm flying solo. Yes, my landings are a little shaky if its been awhile since I've flown it.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Thanks for the accolades, guys. I've been enjoying my Comanche. What a great airplane!

Today in Pugetropolis we are getting some serious weather. OK, nothing like the hurricanes in the Southeast USA (including PR), but still, for here, serious. I flew my Comanche from Renton (KRNT) to Arlington (KAWO). Here's the basic METAR: KAWO 182056Z AUTO 16026G33KT 10SM BKN024 OVC029 16/12 A2964 RMK AO2 PK WND 16033/2055 SLP041 T01560117 58037

The main deal here is the wind at KAWO is from 160 (thankfully, right down the runway) at 26 knots, gusting to 33 knots. I decided to go with IFR, after looking outside and seeing how the trees were blowing around and the clouds seemed kinda low.

First off, let me say that the lighting is not super great. We were flying through s**t weather with minimal beautiful reflections, shadows, etc.

Here we are, after turning north after taking off from KRNT:

Here we are, lined up on RWY 16 at KAWO:

It was a good flight. Nobody died.

Seeya
ATB

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Some weather it was. Very nice shots again!
I was flying the my T6 yesterday in Montana - was in and out IMC all the time, did not have so strong winds on landing tough. :mrgreen:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

The message that used to be here has been moved.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”