Simpleplanes, have you tried it?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Simpleplanes, have you tried it?

Post by Alfredson007 »

I think it is an amazing game. I've owned it for a while but only now i really started to play with it. You can design your own airplanes. While the flight dynamics are very basic the things that are modeled are accurate enough. It's actually much complex as it first seems. If you know the basic stuff about airplanes and aerodynamics it's easy to create a decent plane, but to make one fly beautifully.. demands something... for example my first piston plane was stable but it required a heck of a up trim at approach and tended to nose over on landing... but now she flies very well, very easy to fly and roll rate is quite fast. what a satisfaction.

I kind of wish it would be more complex and give you more data but it still is one fun game and very approachable. If you've played Kerbal Space Program, you should play this too.

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Re: Simpleplanes, have you tried it?

Post by oakfloor »

Alfredson007 wrote:I think it is an amazing game. I've owned it for a while but only now i really started to play with it. You can design your own airplanes. While the flight dynamics are very basic the things that are modeled are accurate enough. It's actually much complex as it first seems. If you know the basic stuff about airplanes and aerodynamics it's easy to create a decent plane, but to make one fly beautifully.. demands something... for example my first piston plane was stable but it required a heck of a up trim at approach and tended to nose over on landing... but now she flies very well, very easy to fly and roll rate is quite fast. what a satisfaction.

I kind of wish it would be more complex and give you more data but it still is one fun game and very approachable. If you've played Kerbal Space Program, you should play this too.
got a link?

MAINEiac1010
Airman Basic

Post by MAINEiac1010 »

The game's website: http://www.simpleplanes.com/

The game on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/397340/SimplePlanes/

It is a very neat game. I believe it started out as a mobile app, and has been out for the PC for a while now. It takes some getting used to, but there is nothing like building your own aircraft and seeing it hit the sky (and the ground)!
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I have it in my steam library but haven't put much in it yet. I know Capt Jake has some good hours on it and really enjoys playing around experimenting with it. Its a bit like Kerbal Space Program but with planes 8) 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”