Not able to open the 2D panels

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
THibben
Staff Sergeant

Not able to open the 2D panels

Post by THibben »

I have recently found I can not open the 2D panels using shift-2, -3 etc. I have re installed with no change. I have done a google search on the problem and nothing works. I have a very high end system with lots of memory and have been using FSX since the beginning. I have nearly all of the A2A planes installed and they all have the same problem.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Not able to open the 2D panels

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you checked your control mappings to ensure that show/hide panel-1,2,3 all have mappings?

What happens on the stock aircraft when you press shift-1, 2, 3. Do the panels open for them?

Have you verified that transparency is set to 0%?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

Oracle427 wrote:Have you checked your control mappings to ensure that show/hide panel-1,2,3 all have mappings?

What happens on the stock aircraft when you press shift-1, 2, 3. Do the panels open for them?

Have you verified that transparency is set to 0%?
Thanks for the response.

In reply to the first item I am not sure what you mean. I have always in the past just used Shift 1, or 2 etc and the panel would come up. Regarding your second item Shift-1 etc is not working also. My transparency is set to 0%.

I am really baffled. I have even gone in and reinstalled FSX Acceleration.

Thanks again,

Tom

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

So the shift # panels are not working even in the default aircraft, that suggests that the mappings are missing.

In your control mappings, please check that each of the show/hide panel # are mapped to appropriate keystrokes.

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

Oracle427 wrote:So the shift # panels are not working even in the default aircraft, that suggests that the mappings are missing.

In your control mappings, please check that each of the show/hide panel # are mapped to appropriate keystrokes.
Sorry, but I am a little confused as to "Control Mappings" Where are they and how do I map them?

I really appreciate your help but I am getting a little "old in the tooth" and have forgotten how to do some things.

Tom

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

I am thinking the easiest way to go is just totally delete FSX and start over.

Tom

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

This is done in the same place where you mapped your joysticks, rudder pedals and other input devices to be able to control the aircraft

I am not home so I can't guide you on the process.

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

Oracle427 wrote:This is done in the same place where you mapped your joysticks, rudder pedals and other input devices to be able to control the aircraft

I am not home so I can't guide you on the process.
I got them installed thanks to you. I don't think I would ever have figured it out on my own.
I was just on the verge of deleting FSX and starting over....which probably wouldn't have helped...grin.

Thanks so much,

Tom

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad you are sorted and yes, a reinstall had the chance of not changing a thing.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad you are sorted and yes, a reinstall had the chance of not changing a thing.

thanks,
Lewis

GeorgeFitz
Airman

Post by GeorgeFitz »

I have been using the A2A cessna 172 for a few years now, and a similar problem with the 2D panels just came up. When I do the shift+number a ghost of a window very briefly appears, but if I try it again, no window (ghost or otherwise) appears (I have to re-load the plane to get the ghost window to appear). BTW, all the ghost windows appear to be of the same size as the actual window would be. I use FSUIPC extensively to program the aircraft and everything in the plane still works fine. I must say that this is not an A2A specific problem, since the same thing happens with the generic
Microsoft aircraft, and several other aircraft. Unfortunately, it is a critical problem for the A2A simulations, since most importantly I don't know how to add fuel to the Cessna without going to the 2D panel, you can't add fuel using the FSX menu. I have checked to be sure the Control settings in the FSX are in place, e.g. panel 1 assigned to shift+1. I could live with this problem, if I could figure out how to add fuel without going through the 2D panels (it would also help, but not essential to have the maintenance 2D panel).

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

GeorgeFitz wrote:I have been using the A2A cessna 172 for a few years now, and a similar problem with the 2D panels just came up. When I do the shift+number a ghost of a window very briefly appears, but if I try it again, no window (ghost or otherwise) appears (I have to re-load the plane to get the ghost window to appear). BTW, all the ghost windows appear to be of the same size as the actual window would be. I use FSUIPC extensively to program the aircraft and everything in the plane still works fine. I must say that this is not an A2A specific problem, since the same thing happens with the generic
Microsoft aircraft, and several other aircraft. Unfortunately, it is a critical problem for the A2A simulations, since most importantly I don't know how to add fuel to the Cessna without going to the 2D panel, you can't add fuel using the FSX menu. I have checked to be sure the Control settings in the FSX are in place, e.g. panel 1 assigned to shift+1. I could live with this problem, if I could figure out how to add fuel without going through the 2D panels (it would also help, but not essential to have the maintenance 2D panel).
Hello,

double check your panel transparency in your FSX settings, it sounds like its been turned to full opacity.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”