Mechanic Addon

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Taka taka
Senior Airman

Mechanic Addon

Post by Taka taka »

The same way we can swap out a better GPS, I would love to see the ability to:
Swap engines.
Change instruments.
Modify the engine.
Change tires.
A running tally of cost of ownership including fuel and storage.
I'd like to add tip tanks to the connie.
Maybe a sat phone. Sell me the instrument and antenna.

In short modify the aircraft the way we can in the real world.
Some of this was added and given to us for free via accusim, like the ability to change plug types or oil used and it adds to the immersion by an order of magnitude.
I do walk arounds and enjoy it?

I would buy a mechanic addon in a heartbeat. It could be the companion to Accusim...Accumechanic
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Mechanic Addon

Post by n421nj »

You can change tires on all the GA fleet. Cost would be cool but prices vary across the globe and will change over time.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

From what was said in the promo video for it, the Cherokee was originally going to have an option where you could install an O-320, O-360, or O-540 engine. It came to naught because it would have been time/cost-prohibitive. Each plane they make is tested real-world to ensure the simulated version is as faithful to the real thing as it can be. Trying to test the plane with all three engines would have made the R&D bill too high.

Edit: But yea, if it had been doable it would have been sweet.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

The thing is that the mechanic has his hands tied pretty firmly in what comes to many such modifications. Just swapping an engine to a different model is hardly a real world possibility without some extensive background work (in some cases, it has already been done by someone, and sold to others in a form of an STC).

-Esa

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Related or not, I don't know...

I'm on vacation with just my Android phone and I'm thinking how much I miss the pre-flight/startup aspect of Accusim. Something similar as a Android app could be interesting... manage a fleet of aircraft, invest profits into upgrades and maintenance. Spark plugs, oil and tires cost money.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The next Accu-Sim aircraft in development atm will come with the ability to install one of three engines :) And maybe a few more surprises, we'll see, we're discussing those options right now.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

If any of us weekend warriors ever truly added up the costs the last we would be seen is screaming and running off into the night - lol - you really don't want to know...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”