P3D V4 License Choice

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

P3D V4 License Choice

Post by crippy »

Hello everyone!

I believe that the terms of P3D V4 academic license states that I / user must be in school K-12 and or an undergraduate.

I am an undergraduate, so I would qualify for the Academic license right? I do like to stream Flight Sim's on streaming platforms, would this be an issue?

Also, come May 2018 I will have graduated and will no longer be a undergraduate......Seeing as this would break the license agreement what would happen? Should I just save and get the pro version?

Thank You for reading this! :)
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3D V4 License Choice

Post by Lewis - A2A »

This is best asked to Lockheed.

https://www.prepar3d.com/

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

K-12 students don't have credit cards... Just sayin'...
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Lewis - A2A wrote:This is best asked to Lockheed.

https://www.prepar3d.com/

thanks,
Lewis
Okay thank you Lewis! I'll try and find out what the best option is from Lockheed. :)
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Skycat wrote:K-12 students don't have credit cards... Just sayin'...
lol true, but their parents card..... :lol:
Image Image Image

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Just get the Academic version unless you are filthy rich.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

bobsk8 wrote:Just get the Academic version unless you are filthy rich.
Bob, please don't promote software piracy on this forum. I know there's a sector of this hobby that thinks that it's "unfair" what Lockheed and Microsoft are doing and they want the software, but it is, by definition, piracy to purchase a license under false pretense and to buy an academic license you're not entitled to by their user agreement is exactly that.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

This is how I see it:

I am a frustrated fighter pilot and a student of aviation. My "academy" is global, including but not limited to: Half Moon Bay Flying School where I got my 13.5 hours in 150s and 140s back in the late '60s; the FAA, from which I've downloaded numerous pdfs on aviation; Ernest K. Gann, Jack Broughton, and other notable authors; Flight Chops, Stevo1kinevo, SimCFI, and Zeno's Warbird Drive-in on the Internet, and Dudley Henriques on this forum.

Yesterday I spent over two hours watching a couple webinars on YouTube about GA engines and their operation.

Leaning Basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfiPuheeGw&t=3489s; and
Leaning - The Advanced Class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-tKyiUZ3ts.

I am a student of flight. :)

Seeya
ATB

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

CAPFlyer wrote:
bobsk8 wrote:Just get the Academic version unless you are filthy rich.
Bob, please don't promote software piracy on this forum. I know there's a sector of this hobby that thinks that it's "unfair" what Lockheed and Microsoft are doing and they want the software, but it is, by definition, piracy to purchase a license under false pretense and to buy an academic license you're not entitled to by their user agreement is exactly that.
Not only that, but purchase of the A2A Academic aircraft version is cheaper than the Pro version.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Didn't mean for this thread to be controversial, but after consideration I think I will go for Pro given the fact that eventually I will out-grow the academic license, as well as other historical incentives such as discounts for pro customers on new versions of P3D.

I graciously thank A2A for reasonable $20 premium for their Pro Versions when compared to some other products that cost substantially more for the Pro version. :)

The moderators can close this thread, as I don't want arguments to break out.
Image Image Image

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm not an undergraduate but I'm also not a professional so my simply using P3D for home entertainment would be 'piracy.'
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”