New movie with Aerostar in it...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

New movie with Aerostar in it...

Post by Paughco »

OK, guys - looks like I'm going to see Tom Cruise's latest ride down the Highway to the Danger Zone this Friday. The movie is "American Made." I don't plan to do any checking with the online movie critics. I only care about the flying. And the popcorn. Looks like a hoot!

Seeya
ATB

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Re: New movie with Aerostar in it...

Post by Tim-HH »

I watched the movie a few weeks ago and liked it a lot! Many great scenes with the Aerostar and the story is interesting too. It really makes you hope that A2A will release an Accusim Aerostar sometime in the near future :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

If they release a twin then we got a foot in the door for others down the road...........did I hear an Invader?
ImageImageImage

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Quoted from online; "Three stunt pilots hired for the movie were involved in a plane crash during filming when their twin-engine Piper Smith Aerostar 600 went down in the Colombian mountains in 2015. Alan Purwin and Carlos Berl died on the scene, while Jimmy Lee Garland was left without feeling in the lower half of his body."
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Just saw the trailer for it. Looks cool but I’ll wait for it to come to hbo or Netflix.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Just saw the movie "American Made." Should be required viewing in all US History classes! :lol: My wife came along, and she said it was OK. I really enjoyed the flying scenes. No major technical errors jumped out at me.

So, A2A: I NEED that Accu-Sim Aerostar!

Seeya
ATB

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I'm so much looking forward to seeing this movie too. The one in the movie is very close to the one A2A owns. Our serial# is 60-0034, while theirs is 60-0012. These are early (and rare) "Straight Six Hundreds." No turbo, no pressurization, just straight Lycoming 540's (with straight pipe exhaust). There was an equally equipped turbo 600 available at the same price as our straight 600, but we opted for the straight 600 for it's reliability and higher level of safety.

Unfortunately, the airplane in the movie ended up crashing in real life. These early 600's are getting more and more rare.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Went to it last night with the wife and we both enjoyed it. Interesting story that I wasn't aware of and lots of good flying scenes, especially in the Aerostar. I especially thought it was interesting when the CIA officer that recruited Tom Cruise's character Barry Seal stated to Barry when he was given the plane that it was the fastest piston twin in the world. No simmer would be disappointed with this movie.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I have been told that if you need to haul things out of unprepared landing strips, you want an Aero Commander. The high wing keeps the props up higher, further away from rocks, gila monsters, and such. I once had a pretty cool one, back in the FS9 days. Flew her into the small field in Warren, Idaho.

That C-123 is my dream plane. If I won the lottery (ain't gonna happen), I'd get a C-123. I'd also need a certified pilot to fly it. Maybe I could get some time in the right seat. My buddies and I would ride our motorcycles up to our own tie-down spots and cinch 'em down. Then, off we'd go, to... I dunno, anywhere we felt like. Escalante, Utah, perhaps, for starters. Then we'd unload our bikes and ride all over the place. Then we'd load 'em up and go somewhere else. Or maybe back home. That would be pretty cool.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I cant wait to see it, but there is so much out there atm, that me and the Mrs went for the new Kingsmen film the other day. I am truly looking forward to American Made though, planes and a drug running story is normally a good watch. From the trailer it reminded me of a few similar type films I like, lord of war etc.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Ok, I've been wracking my movie trivia brain since this post first came up.

In the last 6 months or so I watched an action flick, that had an extended chase scene in it between a car and an Aerostar. The action was almost all canyon/low level.
The pilot flying the Aerostar was flying like a mad man.

The problem is that I watch so many movies, I can't remember which movie it was. Almost posted on here, right after watching the movie, but didn't.
Can't remember if it was an older flick or a new release. Since I mostly do new releases, I'm leaning that direction.

Been through YouTube & the net with various search words, but no luck.
FAC257

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If it was very recent it could have been it, as it is a brand new release.

cheers
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Not this new one. Most noticeably not a Tom Cruise film.

As best I can remember the Aerostar was chasing the car, because it was trying to protect one of the cars occupants. the other person in the car was the bad guy.

I've been through one of my rent-a-flic lists already, but nothing rang a bell. Have one more list to comb through to see if I can hit pay dirt.

Thanks Lewis!

Forest
FAC257

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”