A decent Hurricane for FSX

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
propwash40
Airman Basic

A decent Hurricane for FSX

Post by propwash40 »

Hi everyone in the A2A community,

I'd like to put it out there and say I think A2A or Aircraft factory should invest some time in to producing a half decent hurricane for FSX. Don't get me wrong the A2A Cessna and Piper aircraft are all good and a great benefit to anyone with without a PPL/ATPL practicing instrument flying or general handling etc, but these aircraft are accessible to anyone off the street where as warbirds are not so, it would be fantastic for A2A to produce more such aircraft as the Hurricane. In my opinion for what it's worth A2A produce some of the only timeless enjoyable aircraft to fly in FSX especially WOP3 so keep up the good work A2A!

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Re: A decent Hurricane for FSX

Post by Bruce66 »

As a huge fan of the early Hurricane I have to second your request.

I saw a comment on another thread to the effect that since the Merlin engine is already modelled for the early Spitfire it may be an easier plane than others to produce.
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

"A2A should really make a hurricane"

Me: wow that's interesting, A2A developing tropical storms to fly into I guess? ..... oh *that hurricane :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :wink:
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

crippy wrote:"A2A should really make a hurricane"

Me: wow that's interesting, A2A developing tropical storms to fly into I guess? ..... oh *that hurricane :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :wink:
Gives new meaning to immersion, I guess . . . especially with Accu-Feel . . . :shock:

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Problem with the Hurricane is access to a flying one.....there are a few II's but I think only one flying Mk I.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Ill be happy with whatever the produce. Let’s hope it gets out of beta soon
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Killratio wrote:Problem with the Hurricane is access to a flying one.....there are a few II's but I think only one flying Mk I.
The same could be said of spitfires but that didn’t stop them!
According to wiki there are a handful of airworthy mk1 and 2 around the uk and Europe including a sea hurri.
As you well know, there are only a handful of mk1 and 2 spits flying.
I discounted static aircraft.
There is the issue of not having a two seater but then two seater spits are not accurate compared to a mk1 spit.

I presume there are lots of reasons why we don’t have one, I’d buy it in a second but there are a lot of worthy aircraft and the hurricane is less important and of interest to the majority of non commonwealth customers!

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I wish there was an ApproxiSim line for the many under-represented warbirds FSX needs. I'd settle for 'best guess' numbers for an immersive P-39, P-40N, P-51B, P-47D-30, P-63 etc.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Skycat wrote:I wish there was an ApproxiSim line
Made me lol!
Yes, I'd settle for close enough as a2a close enough would be a lot better than most other's accurate.
It would open the gates for a Lanc even sooner than the accusim one they are surely working on....
Chris

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

Skycat wrote:I wish there was an ApproxiSim line for the many under-represented warbirds FSX needs. I'd settle for 'best guess' numbers for an immersive P-39, P-40N, P-51B, P-47D-30, P-63 etc.
That's a great idea! :D

Though I would prefer it for planes which any flying example no longer exists: JU-88, HE-111, DO-17, B-24D, B-26B, Vickers Wellington, HP Halifax, Mitsubishi G4M, and so on.
Image Image Image
ImageImage

propwash40
Airman Basic

Post by propwash40 »

Killratio wrote:Problem with the Hurricane is access to a flying one.....there are a few II's but I think only one flying Mk I.
I Have access to one in the UK so I'm sure a kind word to the operator would be all it needs.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Tutmeister wrote:
The same could be said of spitfires but that didn’t stop them!
According to wiki there are a handful of airworthy mk1 and 2 around the uk and Europe including a sea hurri.

Chris
Yes Chris, but A2A don't have direct access to Hurricane I pilots or someone who has studied early Hurricanes for 30 years ;)
(Ouch..was just over 30 when we did the A2A Spit..., now going on 40...getting old!)

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

No, I guess you are right, I was assuming the MK1/2 spit and pilots were about as rare as MK1/2 hurricanes seeing as they are both super rare and as far as I know, all based over here.
Later model spits, yes, 10 a penny lol.
Chris

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I agree that a Hurricane would be a wonderful addon from A2A. These are a much forgotten plane and for no real reason as they were one of the greats of that war. But be aware that they were also very drafty and rattly old things. That might be hard top replicate properly.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Killratio wrote:....(Ouch..was just over 30 when we did the A2A Spit..., now going on 40...getting old!)

Darryl
I dunno. Youngsters today.... :roll:

:wink:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”