Using Flight1 GTN Gauges with Accusim Advice Sought

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Using Flight1 GTN Gauges with Accusim Advice Sought

Post by Gabe777 »

Tried posting on Flight1 forums but impatient.

The latedt version apparently sets the affinity to run on all cores.

How is this done, does it affect my 14 setting in the fsx.cfg file, and is it a good idea ?

I run my sim FSX, as 14..... on a quad, as that is the concensus and works well for me. FSX runs mainly on the second core (core 1) and a little on the 3rd and 4th (2 and 3). Active Sky and the system, then runs on the first core (0). So, I don't want to change this, particularly if it means changing it every time I use a plane with a GTN installed.

Advice, opinions ?

Thnx guys.

Running the A2A c182 at the moment, plus a bunch of other ga addons.
I5 7600k at 4.2 ghz.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Using Flight1 GTN Gauges with Accusim Advice Sought

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Unless you have a really weak CPU or some large multi-monitor simpit style setup you shouldn't be changing it at all anyway as a user, A modern i5 like you have is plenty for a standard desktop FSX setup.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Unless you have a really weak CPU or some large multi-monitor simpit style setup you shouldn't be changing it at all anyway as a user, A modern i5 like you have is plenty for a standard desktop FSX setup.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis....you even work Sundays huh ! Crikey.

So your advice is to not bother with affinity masks ? After all, Nick's guide on Simforums is 5 years old I believe, and Windows 10 was a dream in the eye of its creator !

But, come to think of it, HiFi do suggest it, and I think Active Sky 16 is auto configured to run on 1 core. But, it is possible to override this.

I guess experimentation is the best way to go.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Most of the guides date back over 10 years and are not relevant to today's CPU, GPU or even Windows architecture these days. Secondly and most importantly, those that don't fiddle and fly are always those I meet to talk about repaints, and flying. Where as those who 'tweak' will be always talking tech issues and troubleshooting. The day I stopped 'tweaking' and instead enjoyed what I have was the day that all of a sudden my tech issues pretty much stopped.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Agreed.

I just wrote a list of stuff this morning, to configure and install. At the very bottom of the page, after a moment's thought, I wrote in capital letters: "Enjoy !"

Think I'll do just that. Don't know why I'm even worrying about performance, as other than on the ground in a FTX airport, I get over 60fps in the A2A 182, and from what I've seen of the GTN in other pkanes, it barely affects performance.

Thanks again.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like you are good to go, ignore the issues as I think you will discover there are issues then there are perceived non-issues.

thanks,
Lewis

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Sounds like you are good to go, ignore the issues as I think you will discover there are issues then there are perceived non-issues.

thanks,
Lewis
You Sir, are a philosopher.... and a Gentleman !

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”