You've cost me a fortune - I hope your pleased !

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

You've cost me a fortune - I hope your pleased !

Post by Gabe777 »

Lol...... OK, so since I bought the c182 from sim market, I've realised that proper airoplanes (!) don't tend to fly in a perfectly straight line !

To this end, the following things are pertinent:

1. I have just bought a full yoke, throttle and rudder pedal kit by Saitek, for 200 quid.

2. I have bought the Flight1 GTN 650/750 gauges for 45 quid.

3. I now want to buy your c172 and Commanche....and possibly the B17 (I love The Bomber Boys). This will be another 100 quid.

So, starting off with 1 A2A aircaft, that I thought would cost just 35 quid, I'm going to be in for the princely sum of some, nearly 400 quid.

CHEERS GUYS !

OK, on a serious note: I know it's been asked a lot, but my c182 will be fine with a GTN 750, but for the Commanche I think I would prefet GNS 430..... so given RealityXP v2 is a little unstable, when will you be making the Flight1 GNS gauges, compatible ?

Thanks again
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: You've cost me a fortune - I hope your pleased !

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Gabe,

glad you are enjoying the simulations. I am in contact with Flight1 at the moment about the latest versions. We don't give any timescales though as we are not sure when it will be but I believe users are able to retrofit with manual editing should they not be able to wait.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Not done yet,,,try VR :)
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Warbirds wrote:Not done yet,,,try VR :)
Nice.... I like the B17. When I buy, I will download your textures and return with my opinion.

Is there an old tin of " Spam" in the glove compartment, and black n white photos of scantily clad ladies, showing... their knees ! ?
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Yup you will spend much more. It's an addiction. And once you have them all you'll be waiting for the next plane like the rest of us
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

n421nj wrote:Yup you will spend much more. It's an addiction. And once you have them all you'll be waiting for the next plane like the rest of us
Where do I know your tail number from ? Was it Eaglesoft ?

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

It'll take you weeks to learn any one of these aircraft, hold off till youve reasonably mastered any particular one, and save your money for the A2a flagship (the Cherokee) :wink: Learn your aircraft without the gps first, use the default instruments to navigate :) Should keep you busy for a while ?

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

RotorWash wrote:It'll take you weeks to learn any one of these aircraft, hold off till youve reasonably mastered any particular one, and save your money for the A2a flagship (the Cherokee) :wink: Learn your aircraft without the gps first, use the default instruments to navigate :) Should keep you busy for a while ?
So some people think that the Cherokee, others that the Commanche, is the flag ship..... I must say the s-tec is my favourite ever AP..... just so cute. Had one in an Eaglesoft aircraft about 10 years ago....best part of the aircraft. I think they both have one so that's certainly on the list.

But yes, I take your point. It's worth spending time and learning each aircraft. No rush.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

If you want switches to fiddle with you're missing a trick - the B-377.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Mickel wrote:If you want switches to fiddle with you're missing a trick - the B-377.
Gee, that thing is like a flippin boat with wings ! Is it even real ?

Lol...... what a beast.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Yep. Similar story here. I bought FSX when it first came out in 2006, but thought it was a POS so I stayed with FS9. The only payware addon I had at this point was Track IR5. When I bought this PC in 2012, I installed it, but still wasn't overly impressed until one in 2013 day I found A2A planes. So I bought the Spitfire, then the P-47 and some time later the P-40 and Piper Cub. Well this is a bit more like it, thinks I. Then A2A bought out the C-172, which I wasn't sure about at all, as I'm not (read as "wasn't") a GA fan. Eventually, I bought it as, hey, it's A2A after all and to my surprise I found myself spending heaps of time in it. Then the Cherokee came out in 2014 and I lept on it as I was learning to fly IRL some years earlier, so now you couldn't prise me out of this thing. At this point in time, the Aussie $ was still close in parity with the US, so I was OK with having spent about $350 over the 2 years, but the AUD fell back so the C-182, Comanche, Texan and Connie have all cost me about $70 to $80 each. Yikes!!! Just as well A2A don't release stuff every couple of months.

But then, to add to my financial misery, some dreadful person here recommended Orbx scenery and fowlly tempted me with their screenshots, so I was forced to buy. So now I've also spent a fortune on their sceneries as well. All in all, I reckon I've spent about $700 or $800 on this rotten simulator :P And now I'm going to have to go 64bit after I've bought a new PC and buy all these planes again!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: Thanks heaps, A2A :evil: :lol: :evil: It's all your fault :twisted: :lol:

Cheers,
Mike.

PS. When are you guys coming out with your next plane????????? My arm has a permanent twist on it now :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

I made the mistake of creating a spreadsheet to keep track of all my serial numbers etc ... but also including a "cost" column. I had to hide that total pretty damn' quick! :shock:

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

I feel your pain. And, you are correct when you say people thatbpost screenshot and Youtube videos of lovely sceneries should be placed in the stocks...... (an old English custom) !

I bang on about aircraft so much, my mate never knows if I'm talking " sim" or RW...... I told someone the other day I was buying cessna, snd he sais "... a real one ?"

Oh my, I can't seperate reality from fantasy sometimes, and stuff like Air Hauler and VAs doesn't help.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Gabe777 wrote:
Warbirds wrote:Not done yet,,,try VR :)
Nice.... I like the B17. When I buy, I will download your textures and return with my opinion.

Is there an old tin of " Spam" in the glove compartment, and black n white photos of scantily clad ladies, showing... their knees ! ?
Not yet but you never know :). But really just when you think you can't spend any more cash along comes virtual reality (Oculus Rift) and it starts all over again.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”