Issues Reinstalling FSX

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
RichardFS
Airman First Class

Issues Reinstalling FSX

Post by RichardFS »

Prepare yourself for a long story:
So, I've always had minor hiccups to work around in FSX, but they were all manageable. But over time, more and more issues kept cropping up, and when I'd solve one, a different one would appear. I avoided starting fresh for a long time because of the hassle, but yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I was in the middle of a flight when my Saitek Multi Panel cut out without warning, and I haven''t figured out why since. I couldn't take it anymore and decided to finally start completely over with FSX. I copied the aircraft files so I wouldn't lose them, and uninstalled everything else related to FSX except for my weather engine, vatsim and acars. I put in the CD to install it again, and it went through its course, and finally finished. But the desktop shortcut that it created wouldn't work; when I clicked it, it gave me a dialog that said "Error ID: 25 Null". I had to go to the program files to open it. Other than that it seemed to be working fine.

It took me forever to find the Saitek drivers online but finally did, and installed them. My Yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals worked fine, but still had issues with the panels. I decided to contact Microsoft support. They couldn't figure it out and now I'm on my own again. I uninstalled everything again and here I am.

The only thing I can think of, is that my payware installation programs and aircraft files are causing the issues. But I don't want to delete them, because I have no idea how to get them back after that without paying for them again. I've looked through all the forums and all that did was confuse me more. I need step by step help on what to do here, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's going on.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Issues Reinstalling FSX

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Delete the original shortcut and create your own. Try to start the sim as "Administrator" and see if you get this error again.
You may also run "repair" from the FSX CD before attempting any future reinstall of the entire sim. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

RichardFS
Airman First Class

Re: Issues Reinstalling FSX

Post by RichardFS »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

Delete the original shortcut and create your own. Try to start the sim as "Administrator" and see if you get this error again.
You may also run "repair" from the FSX CD before attempting any future reinstall of the entire sim. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Thanks for the info,
I did get fsx working again after many tries, and got the acceleration downloaded as well, so far no issues. Now I just have to figure out why my Saitek panels keep spazzing out.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”