Saitek X52 compatibility with X52 Pro

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
alangeorge
Airman

Saitek X52 compatibility with X52 Pro

Post by alangeorge »

I apologise in advance, I bought a beautiful brand new X52 Pro joystick, which connects to my X52 throttle power/input system, lights up perfectly looks 100% active, but nil input into aircraft. I actually did not notice the Pro bit in the eBay advert, but it is 100% superb, just does not work. Impossible to get Win 10 drivers from Saitek, just a dead page saying you 'are here'. I have just made a mistake, BUT someone out their in our Community might have an answer. I have just spent over £2000 upgrading my computer, so the £70 I gave for the joystick does not 'break' my heart In the least, but makes me realise there are 'better' joysticks out there.

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Saitek X52 compatibility with X52 Pro

Post by patful »

I don't use the software for my X52, but this is out there, can't vouch for it. ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/beta/Windows10/

Pat

alangeorge
Airman

Post by alangeorge »

Thanks Pat, I have been chasing these 'leads' all day, yours goes to a 'blank page' that never opens, madcatz have a download purported to be 64 bit, but is 32 bit, and microsoft say find a 64 bit driver and don't load the 32 bit version. Lots of sites are just sheer rubbish talk. The official Saitek download page, is literally inert, just says 'you are here' some nice photos, but totally inert, nothing happens or can be made to happen. Appreciate your response though. Best regards....Alan

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

The ftp link works fine for me, if I mark, copy and paste the link text into a browser. Just clicking on the link on the other hand did not work for me.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Strange, I can click on my link and the page opens up. I use Firefox loaded with Adblock Plus and NoScript no less. There are both 32- and 64-bit versions.

alangeorge
Airman

Post by alangeorge »

Welsch wrote:The ftp link works fine for me, if I mark, copy and paste the link text into a browser. Just clicking on the link on the other hand did not work for me.
Many thanks. The eBay seller Chriswalkabout, agreed to have the X52 Pro back and full refund, which I thought was very decent indeed. I have now bid for the complete X52 Pro set, I liked it so much. Thanks for your help, it was a 'silly' thing to do.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”