The Future

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

The Future

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

I just wanted to ask if there will be an Accu-Sim aircraft in 2017. Ever since I first started flying Accu-Sim aircraft I have always looked forward to whats next. Last year we had the T-6 and the L-049 I understand that these aircraft take time as Scott and co always do research on the aircraft they are developing to make it as close to the real thing as possible. But are they any products due for release in the near or foreseeable future maybe around Christmas time or early part of 2018?.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: The Future

Post by AviationAtWar »

I'll pay for the next aircraft now if it helps. :D

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

So would I hope its either a B-25 or Hawker Hurricane. I think the Hurricane would be a winner for A2A I think (If they took up the challenge) they should do what they did with the Spitfire have two variants the Mk1 and Mk2C.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I think the new-and-improved Spitfire for P3D is next.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

A B-25 would be outstanding but I don't think we'll see one from A2A because of the MAAM B-25, even outdated as it is.

I'm afraid it's going to be a while before we see a new aircraft released with efforts being concentrated on making everything P3D compatible.

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

AviationAtWar wrote:A B-25 would be outstanding but I don't think we'll see one from A2A because of the MAAM B-25, even outdated as it is.

I'm afraid it's going to be a while before we see a new aircraft released with efforts being concentrated on making everything P3D compatible.
I doubt the whole team is working on porting aircraft to P3Dv4. Some assets like 3D-modeling is most likely freed up for other projects etc. In fact, I bet that modelling of whatever plane will be next might already be finished and there might be mostly coding left. People think the developers like Milviz for example, are deviating from the norm by having several projects in the pipeline but as a matter of fact that is the norm it's just that Milviz are more open about it than some other developers.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

AviationAtWar wrote:A B-25 would be outstanding but I don't think we'll see one from A2A because of the MAAM B-25, even outdated as it is.

I wouldn't say that A2A went to Oshkosh last year and they posted some photos on Facebook. One of those photos was of a B-25 and someone left a comment saying have you guys ever considered doing the Mitchell to which they replied many times. So it maybe already in the pipeline.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

The question is if they are working on say 3 projects at once and all 3 products are ready for release at the same time, do they stagger the releases or do a totally insane triple release?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

n421nj wrote:The question is if they are working on say 3 projects at once and all 3 products are ready for release at the same time, do they stagger the releases or do a totally insane triple release?
I guess it's more like they probably have several different projects in different stages of completion at any given point in time. If I remember correctly, I think Scott said in an interview a while back that the Constellation was originally to be the first COTS release by A2A but for some reason or another the B377 went first. So they actually might have had the Constellation project started and was in some kind of state which they then, years later, continued and finished.

The 3D modelling artist for example might have finished one aircraft already while coding is catching up, in the meantime he/she starts modelling on another aircraft. It kind of depends what kind of workflow they have and if this the only job they have or only part-time.

I dare to say that they most likely aren't stockpiling products, it doesn't make any sense. It's more likely that they try to converge and focus on single project at some point and then crunch for a few months, test it and then spit it out basically.
Cheers!/Andreas

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

If there's a triple release, it'll probably be P3D versions of existing Accu-Sim models. ;)

As for secret projects? I'd suggest that GA will be taking the fore again, once the P3Dv4 backlog is cleared... Bad for me, but good for A2A's finances! :mrgreen:

Ian P.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

TomLovesMustangs wrote:
I wouldn't say that A2A went to Oshkosh last year and they posted some photos on Facebook. One of those photos was of a B-25 and someone left a comment saying have you guys ever considered doing the Mitchell to which they replied many times. So it maybe already in the pipeline.
Things change but it's been A2A's long standing, publicly stated policy they would not build a B-25 because it would compete with MAAM and take away the revenue that theirs brings to the museum.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

AviationAtWar wrote:Things change but it's been A2A's long standing, publicly stated policy they would not build a B-25 because it would compete with MAAM and take away the revenue that theirs brings to the museum.
Does MAAM's even work with P3D? It's a FS2004 model ported to FSX.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

I ran it happily in v2 and, I think, v3 - I haven't tried it in v4, but as it's all .dll gauges, chances are high that there will be problems.

Ian P.

99-Pirate-99
Airman Basic

Post by 99-Pirate-99 »

B-25 or P-61 for me should be a great thing ....

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

If A2A was to do the B25 they could always donate some of the money they make from sales to MAAM.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”