New player in the Yoke and TQ market

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
jclay13
Senior Airman

New player in the Yoke and TQ market

Post by jclay13 »

Looks like we finally have a new player in the Yoke and Throttle Quadrant market developing some stuff that looks promising from a company called Honeycomb Aeronautical http://flyhoneycomb.com/

Their website states the founder Nicki Repenning managed the Saitek Pro Flight Brand in North America, the designer David Morelock lead the design of the Microsoft Surface, and engineering is from Mike Altman who founded Precision Flight Controls.

The prices are reasonable at $199 USD for the Yoke and $199 USD for the TQ. Nothing is available yet but they have some pictures on their website.

If this stuff turns out to be as promising at it seems this could be a nice new choice for us simmers.

sirbruchie
Airman

Re: New player in the Yoke and TQ market

Post by sirbruchie »

The TQ looks very promising with the trim wheel and multiple lever configurations.

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

Definitely looks promising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

It's great to *finally* see another company step up to the plate with an affordable flight sim hardware product. The $800+ stuff has been all the rage for years now, which is squarely out of the price range for most of us.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

If only they didn't feel the need to put a honeycomb face on the yoke! Looks ARE everything! :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

BrianW
Airman

Post by BrianW »

sirbruchie wrote:The TQ looks very promising with the trim wheel and multiple lever configurations.
I agree, finally something to replace the Saitek TQs that's also reconfigurable. Hopefully it uses better potentiometers too. I'm also hoping the reverse thrust levers are an axis instead of buttons.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

I pray there is no centering indentations like the Saitek yokes. Have a Saitek 'Cessna' yoke gathering dust because I broke it trying to get rid of that.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Both yoke and TQ look interesting to me. I like the extra travel of the yoke both in pitch and roll. Let's hope there's no silly centre detent like the Saitek yokes. I'll be keeping an eye open for a review of these.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Time will tell if it can last in this market
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

pchamney
Airman

Post by pchamney »

This yoke and TQ look perfect for the planes I fly. I'm in the market for one as well as I'm tired of using just the joystick.
I also like the fact that they have the autopilot on there.
I emailed Honeycomb and they "expect to start mass production towards the end of the year" if all goes well in development.
A little far off to wait for me but we'll see.
Cherokee 180 (FSX/P3DV4), C172 Trainer (FSX), Comanche 250 (FSX)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I've been keeping an eye on these too, I look forward to seeing the full pricing when its at UK market and seeing the early reviews and more importantly the user reviews from the horses mouth so to speak.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

hi ho...

As my second CH Flightsim Yoke has just decided to pass over the Jordan... has anyone tried this one out? Is it worth its 200 Dollars? JUST THIS ONCE -.- I'm a little sick of all this cheap stuff on the market... CH, Saitek... sigh...

Thanks,
Marc

edit: I've just noticed, it's not yet available... It seems I need to hark back to my joystick for yoke airplane operation until it's out... :|

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

From what I've seen, it might be worth a punt. $200 means £200 here so it is more than the Saitek but hopefully it will be worth it. When you read the history of the guys producing it, they should know what simmers want! It seems all metal shaft and smooth movement with 90 degrees each side and six inches of pitch travel is a good start. If it does all this and is smooth then it should do well. Have you seen their throttle set as well?

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I've been in the engineering business for several years... just because I know what would be good doesnt mean I will have the budget to do it :mrgreen:

I know what you mean, lets hope for the best...

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

The TQ looks very promising and for only $200 it will either be awesome or s piece of junk considering what is included.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”