Installing Repaints in P3D V4

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
triflyman
Senior Airman

Installing Repaints in P3D V4

Post by triflyman »

Just purchased and installed the Connie and Comanche into P3D V4. Now I want to get my aircraft and cockpit repaints from my FSX folder over to the P3D V4 add-on folder for each aircraft. Is there any reason I can't just do a copy and paste of all the folders in the FSX aircraft folder, plus copy & paste the "aircraft.cfg" file, into the P3D V4 aircraft folder? I would not copy any of the other files, except the "aircraft.cfg", that are not inside a folder.

If I can't do the above...can I at least copy the "panel.cfg" and "aircraft.cfg" files and place them into the same P3D V4 folders, along with the relevant repaint folders?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Installing Repaints in P3D V4

Post by Paughco »

Maybe. I dunno. I did it by opening my aircraft.cfg for the P3Dv3 Connie on the left (path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoS_L049), then opening the aircraft.cfg for the P3Dv4 on the right (path = C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoS_L049). I copied over the critical bits for my repaints from the v3 version over to the V4 version. Then, I copied over the texture folders over from the v3 folder to the v4 folder. Worked for the Comanche and the Six, also.

Seeya
ATB

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

triflyman wrote:Just purchased and installed the Connie and Comanche into P3D V4. Now I want to get my aircraft and cockpit repaints from my FSX folder over to the P3D V4 add-on folder for each aircraft. Is there any reason I can't just do a copy and paste of all the folders in the FSX aircraft folder, plus copy & paste the "aircraft.cfg" file, into the P3D V4 aircraft folder? I would not copy any of the other files, except the "aircraft.cfg", that are not inside a folder.

If I can't do the above...can I at least copy the "panel.cfg" and "aircraft.cfg" files and place them into the same P3D V4 folders, along with the relevant repaint folders?

Thanks in advance for any help.
None whatsoever. Look at it from the point of view that you've just downloaded a new repaint. Instead of downloading from teh interwebs you copy it from..The FSX install. The same goes for the aircraft.cfg. Copy the relevant entry and Bob's your uncle. Same with the panel.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

That's what I did too.. dumped all the texture folders in, then copy the livery sections of the cfg (might pay to back up). I wouldn't simply copy the cfg, just in case.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Ok...thanks for the input. I ended up doing it the long way and worked fine so will stay with that.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes there is no short way, contrary to popular belief P3D is a separate platform, even more so relevant with P3Dv4. You will want to just copy the repaint folders themselves and then the relevant areas of the cfg. Then check as P3D does have some changes in naming convention, aircraft dependant.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”