Accidental airplane "Crash" Accusim edits?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Accidental airplane "Crash" Accusim edits?

Post by crippy »

I was trying out a new plugin with my Cherokee. When I fired up the addon it instantly said "Crash" and showed the airplane as if I crashed into the ground. It re-loaded and Accu-Sim had everything in red for the plane.....ruining my real life maintenance logs and records for the aircraft :(

Is there anyway to revert the settings, or even edit the settings back to what they were? Such as compression ratios, lightly worn items etc? Is there anyway to see what it was before in some type of .cfg file anywhere?

Thanks for the help!
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Scav
Senior Airman

Re: Accidental airplane "Crash" Accusim edits?

Post by Scav »

There's an A2A folder in My Documents (well, your documents). Have a look there. :)

You'll see in each aircraft folder a master log.dat plus backups over time.

Edit: I've been able to revert the master log.dat by deleting it and renaming one of the backups to take its place.

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Scav wrote:There's an A2A folder in My Documents (well, your documents). Have a look there. :)

You'll see in each aircraft folder a master log.dat plus backups over time.

Edit: I've been able to revert the master log.dat by deleting it and renaming one of the backups to take its place.
Very good information!! I checked there and indeed they did come in to play.
Unfortunately I was not able to recover the file, here is my theory why {pretty interesting}

Once the aircraft "state" or any part is damaged / worn {A part changes state} a new .dat file is created. A sequence of over writing the .back files commences and each .back file is moved down one to make room for the old .dat being saved into a .dat.back1.

There are only {on the Cherokee anyway} 5 .dat.bak and the 1 .dat in use. This means for every part / state change the 5th .dat.bak is lost / deleted. (I assume to save space)

Because I went ahead and repaired everything immediately before posting this, the before crash .dat was overwritten {Supposedly after the 4th part I repaired?}

So what does this all mean? Takeaway: If something non-intentional does happen and your plane gets damaged like my situation above, DON'T immediately repair the parts. Check your documents folder and try to restore the .bak files by re-naming them from xxxxxxxxxx.dat.bak1 to xxxxxxxxx.dat and removing the original {Damaged aircraft} .dat file to another location.

You might get lucky and it might still be there!
If not, you can consider doing what I've done. Make the best of the situation: I now have in my log what happened (Program error caused random aircraft collision) What parts were damaged at what date at what engine and air-frame hours. What parts I repaired (All in my case) and what fluids were changed etc. And what compression your engine is at. This way you now have a new baseline moving forward to refer to.

Hopefully this might help someone else in the future! :)
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're on the right lines crippy, except that a new log.dat file is created (and a .bak file overwritten) each time the aircraft is loaded in the sim, not each time an individual component becomes 'damaged'. :)

This means that even if you suffer catastrophic damage to many parts (due to a rogue scenery bounding box crash let's say), you should still be able to restore the aircraft to its previous state, provided you haven't reloaded it in the sim more than a few times.

Cheers,
Nick

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Nick M wrote:You're on the right lines crippy, except that a new log.dat file is created (and a .bak file overwritten) each time the aircraft is loaded in the sim, not each time an individual component becomes 'damaged'. :)

This means that even if you suffer catastrophic damage to many parts (due to a rogue scenery bounding box crash let's say), you should still be able to restore the aircraft to its previous state, provided you haven't reloaded it in the sim more than a few times.

Cheers,
Nick
Hey that's great! Now I know :) Thank You!

This would also make sense in my case because the addon reloaded the flight multiple times well over 5 before I posted on the forums as well!
Image Image Image

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

TRUE CONFESSION: I once landed my T-6 gear up. It was gonna be a great landing, too. There were three ways to fix my bent bird. One was to simply click on "Complete Overhaul" and I'd have a new airplane. Nope. Another way would be to roll back to an earlier version of my aircraft state, per the instructions above. After the dust settled, my airplane was moved very carefully into my virtual hangar, and work began. Many mouse clicks ensued. The prop was replaced. The engine got a new crank and all the cylinders were rebuilt. Various items on the gear and flaps were repaired. There was no place to click for "new paintjob" but all the scratches and such were virtually repaired and she now looks as good as new. Hours are intact.

I was very happy that this is a virtual airplane and not a real airplane. Reminds me that my first ride to Half Moon Bay Airport was prompted by an article in the SF Examiner about a Beech Staggerwing that was burned to a crisp after a wheels up landing there. This was back in '62 or '63. Met a fellow from my high school and we've been pals ever since.

Seeya
ATB

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Paughco wrote:TRUE CONFESSION: I once landed my T-6 gear up. It was gonna be a great landing, too. There were three ways to fix my bent bird. One was to simply click on "Complete Overhaul" and I'd have a new airplane. Nope. Another way would be to roll back to an earlier version of my aircraft state, per the instructions above. After the dust settled, my airplane was moved very carefully into my virtual hangar, and work began. Many mouse clicks ensued. The prop was replaced. The engine got a new crank and all the cylinders were rebuilt. Various items on the gear and flaps were repaired. There was no place to click for "new paintjob" but all the scratches and such were virtually repaired and she now looks as good as new. Hours are intact.

I was very happy that this is a virtual airplane and not a real airplane. Reminds me that my first ride to Half Moon Bay Airport was prompted by an article in the SF Examiner about a Beech Staggerwing that was burned to a crisp after a wheels up landing there. This was back in '62 or '63. Met a fellow from my high school and we've been pals ever since.

Seeya
ATB
Hey I love the story and honesty! I totally agree in your situation. I would do the same thing, write down what happened etc and not revert....but for me I just loaded the sim and boom "crash" while parked right on the ramp :?
Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”