Aircraft settings from FSX to P3D v4?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Aircraft settings from FSX to P3D v4?

Post by crippy »

Hey all! I know its been a while, but I've been thinking about eventually upgrading to P3D v4. I've been playing through upgrading in my head many times and I've come across this issue. My planes I have are all documented in actual notebooks of what maintenance was done and when how many hours flown etc, for each aircraft. Is there anyway to carry over these settings if I purchased P3D v4 and the appropriate A2A P3D aircraft? {For me it's just my Cherokee, since the others are not available for P3D yet} So that way I could just pick up where I left off in FSX?

Hopefully that makes sense, if not I'll try and clarify more :)

Thanks!
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Re: Aircraft settings from FSX to P3D v4?

Post by Mickel »

Yep, the accrued hours carry over. You can fly in V3 one day, FSX the next and V4 the next and it all goes on the aircraft history.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Mickel wrote:Yep, the accrued hours carry over. You can fly in V3 one day, FSX the next and V4 the next and it all goes on the aircraft history.
Okay cool! Do I have to do any copying of config files? or is it completely automatic??
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

crippy wrote:Okay cool! Do I have to do any copying of config files? or is it completely automatic??
A new installation of P3D should automatically read and write to any existing log.dat files in the "A2A" directory in "My Documents" crippy. However, to be on the safe side, you can always make a back up of the entire "A2A" directory in your "My Documents" folder.

Cheers,
Nick

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Nick M wrote:
crippy wrote:Okay cool! Do I have to do any copying of config files? or is it completely automatic??
A new installation of P3D should automatically read and write to any existing log.dat files in the "A2A" directory in "My Documents" crippy. However, to be on the safe side, you can always make a back up of the entire "A2A" directory in your "My Documents" folder.

Cheers,
Nick

Great! Thank you very much for the help! :D
Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”