Thank you to A2A

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
matthewneale
Airman First Class

Thank you to A2A

Post by matthewneale »

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to A2A simulations, I had my trial flying lesson in a Piper Cherokee this week. I only had 8 hours in A2A Cherokee but 400 in the Cessna.

The flight modelling and modelling of the instrument was absolutely invaluable and it's a real credit to the hard work of A2A simulations. So much so that without so much as even stepping in a general aviation aircraft before Wednesday, the instructor was happy for me to take off and perform touch and goes with physical input from him whatsoever.

The things I have learnt because of A2A simulations has been amazing and absolutely invaluable so I just wanted to come here and say thank you ever so much and you have such an outstanding product and method of work.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Re: Thank you to A2A

Post by twsharp12 »

I guess that means we can confirm that it's a "study-level simulation experience." My uncles let me take control of their 182 on occasion and they're always surprised too!

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Post by matthewneale »

Certainly so, it doesn't prepare you for the sensations that you will feel in the real thing.

But it gives you such a head start on what to look for, what to expect and little things like the nose job when you introduce flaps.

Do you get to fly often with your uncle then?

Other than the two hours I have left I will be a very infrequent flier due to money and children. The kids mum doesn't cope very well with them so I am pretty much full-time dad along with working part-time. Might get a little easier as the middle one is at school in September but still not much time and certainly not enough money.

But I totally agree that A2A modelling makes things so so much easier to grasp.

Ganter
Airman

Post by Ganter »

matthewneale wrote:Certainly so, it doesn't prepare you for the sensations that you will feel in the real thing.

But it gives you such a head start on what to look for, what to expect and little things like the nose job when you introduce flaps.

Do you get to fly often with your uncle then?

Other than the two hours I have left I will be a very infrequent flier due to money and children. The kids mum doesn't cope very well with them so I am pretty much full-time dad along with working part-time. Might get a little easier as the middle one is at school in September but still not much time and certainly not enough money.

But I totally agree that A2A modelling makes things so so much easier to grasp.

That's always the thing that surprises you - the boot in the butt on take off, etc. But I have found the A2A Cherokee invaluable for familiarisation in terms of "what's in front of you' in the real thing; e.g: why that needle on that gauge is pointing there, etc. It's all great stuff to have seen in the sim and then see reflected Real World.

On the subject of money - I too have to juggle kids and responsibilities. I'm working (very) slowly towards PPL and the way I think is; I'm going to do it at my pace because I haven't the choice. But I'll get there. So will you.

Clear skies!

Jim

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Post by matthewneale »

Hi Jim,

Yes some of the dials in g-lizi were in different places. I have half a mind to take a photo and then use something like a manager I think it was called to have dials in the same layout for my sim

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

The Cessna I was learning to fly in - which was super cheap to rent - was quite old and had probably had many modifications. I used to say the front panel looked like someone took a bundle of gauges and threw them at it, then screwed them in place where they landed. It certainly had a lot of character. Personally I'm glad A2A hasn't gone completely towards the newest stuff out there aviation wise. Most planes nowadays look so similar in the cockpit that they're starting to blend together. Just my opinion anyways.
ImageImage
ImageImage

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Post by matthewneale »

Cody I'm in the UK and doesn't understand it it is far more expensive over here to learn to fly and to rent

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Awesome, good stuff and super happy the sim helped you so much. Its becoming a great regular theme on the forums 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Post by matthewneale »

It's definitely a compliment to you guys

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The motion thing is interesting as in VR you do get some of that seat of the pants back, and also finally correct cockpit sensation with regards the size of the cockpits. VR even this first gen is pretty special for showing what is around the corner tech wise.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”