Will there Ever Be "A2A - Cessna Grand Caravan Ex"

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DeeJay
Airman

Re: Will there Ever Be "A2A - Cessna Grand Caravan Ex"

Post by DeeJay »

n421nj wrote:I know majestic uses a completely separate program for flight dynamics on the q400. I wonder how their version is compared to the real thing? If it is spot on then perhaps we could get an A2A/majestic collaboration? Seems logical. Sure they would split the profits but working together would allow them to produce twice as many products....
How much is done separately on an AccuSim plane now? Without having any view into development, it seems that there is done more outside the sim than in "normal" addons.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Will there Ever Be

Post by DHenriques_ »

chadryan wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
chadryan wrote:I do hope A2A can Accu-Sim a turbo prop one day because there really aren't any good single engine turbo props for any simulator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A big part of the turbo-prop equation as relates to them not being as realistic as they could be for desktop simulation has been the availability of a high end 6 axis throttle with realistic beta range, feather, and Idle Cut Off.
Virtual-Fly with their TQ6 has changed all that.
I'm testing one now and it is absolutely amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dudley Henriques
That looks amazing! Now all I have to do is convince my wife I need a throttle quadrant that costs almost $800 Canadian dollars :)

The TQ6 is without a doubt high end. I don't believe it has ever been Virtual-Fly's intention to compete with the "other" hardware on the market.
From what I've seen from using the TQ6, you can most certainly buy a less expensive piece of hardware but I've not seen anything out here that is even close to this quality. It's for the serious sim enthusiast for sure.
Dudley Henriques

crashxpert
Airman

Post by crashxpert »

I was thinking about a month ago how I would love to see A2A make any version of this aircraft. One of my favs. Especially if they used a similar COTS set up for passengers or cargo depending on if your flying and airline version or cargo version. That would be fun!!

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

I was thinking about this again today while watching the below video by steveo1kinevo. Listen to the sounds at startup (1:05 in the video). The sound of the spool up, the slight delay after introducing fuel, then the sound of fuel reaching the engine. I would love to have A2A quality sounds applied to turboprops because that doesn't exist right now.

https://youtu.be/pm0-Xigrwys

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

As I already posted in another thread, Marcel Felde is working on the first true PT-6 simulation on his PC-6. However, the project is going really slow due to his dayjob at the moment.. Aerosoft's CEO once said in an interview (I think it was last year), that the plane was basically ready, however Marcel is so deep down into details that he disagreed.. if someone is up to A2A, it's him, and he is a single dev with no team behind.

In the dev forum he posted a startup video, which is over 2 years old now, but I guess you can imagine how this will be in the final version if this is early develeopment stage- disregard the sound issue: https://youtu.be/ps00Agmjqyg

The PT-6 and prop simulation are running fully independend from FS. If A2A should team up with somebody, then with him. He once said that this might be his last addon ever, so the whole PT-6 simulation would be kind of lost and not be applied to any other addon.. so.. maybe that would be a chance. ;)
Kind regards, Matthias

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

One thing to remember in the hierarchy of turbine engines, the turboprop is a bit more complex. The simplest form of turbine is the turbojet.

A2A has been hinting at a T-33 off and on over the years, and the T-33 makes perfect sense for a first turbine. The T-33 is a trainer, has 'straight' wings (no complex swept wing physics to accusim), and is powered by a simple turbojet. This kind of plane will allow A2A focus purely on the turbine aspect to get their core turbine physics down pat. Just like with the twin, it is best to start simple, then work to the complex so you can get the core stuff modeled right.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

MatzeH84 wrote:As I already posted in another thread, Marcel Felde is working on the first true PT-6 simulation on his PC-6. However, the project is going really slow due to his dayjob at the moment.. Aerosoft's CEO once said in an interview (I think it was last year), that the plane was basically ready, however Marcel is so deep down into details that he disagreed.. if someone is up to A2A, it's him, and he is a single dev with no team behind.

In the dev forum he posted a startup video, which is over 2 years old now, but I guess you can imagine how this will be in the final version if this is early develeopment stage- disregard the sound issue: https://youtu.be/ps00Agmjqyg

The PT-6 and prop simulation are running fully independend from FS. If A2A should team up with somebody, then with him. He once said that this might be his last addon ever, so the whole PT-6 simulation would be kind of lost and not be applied to any other addon.. so.. maybe that would be a chance. ;)
Wow. Just based on the prop animation and sounds alone I can tell that this is exactly what I'm looking for. A true simulation of the PT-6! I see that Marcel posted as recently as this May that he is still working on it so hopefully it will be released one day!

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

That's what I am hoping for since 2 years now..

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
Kind regards, Matthias

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”