p3dv4 install fsuipc problems

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

p3dv4 install fsuipc problems

Post by Rarebear »

Hey guys, I just purchased the Prepared 3d v4 sim. works great but I am having one problem. I have all my saitek stuff working and it all works in FSX, My fsx is still installed and p3d is installed in the C: drive under a created P3d folder. I default installed in program files under lockheed Martin.

I changed the installation designation because my problem popped up on the original install but I am still having the same problem.

PROBLEM: Spad.next or default Saitek drivers do not recognize and cannot find the fsuipc install. I check the modules folder in p3d and it is installed. It has its documents folder and the .dll file. But for some reason Saitek drivers say that it timed out and Spad says it cant detect it.

The panels all work properly and no glitches. Seems like something is being missed on the install or im not doing something right but I do not know what it is.

Thanks in advance guys.

JDW

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: p3dv4 install fsuipc problems

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Just to be certain, you ARE talking about FSUIPC5 as opposed to FSUIPC4, are you not?

Some folks may not realize that a new version is required for P3dV4.

Probably best to bring this up in Pete's forum. Even though he is AFK for awhile
there are some knowledgeable folks there that have P3dV4 and can help.

I'vee not yet 'migrated'.

Paul

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

yes, I realized that and I had installed the fsuip5. It seems like its a SPad problem. I ran it the other day and it recognized the saitek panels and even ran some of them once a profile was picked on p3dv4 but it did drop 30 fps just having spad on. :( im assuming its some growing pains due to p3dv4 being newish.

JDW

zkiwi
Airman

Post by zkiwi »

You have ensured that FSUIPC mode is on in Spad.neXt i take it.

(Settings/Applications/Simulations/FSUIPC Support ON) and restart Spad.neXt if it changes.

Zkiwi

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”