Developer question re P3Dv4 and 64bit

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Developer question re P3Dv4 and 64bit

Post by pilottj »

Hey guys,
I was curious, I was contemplating my long term PC upgrade plan...ie bugeting. I've stuck with FSX for a long time and will likely do so in the near future. However my question for Scott and the programmers is; If you can fit more accusim bells n whistles and other 'goodies' into a 64x accusim package, do you forsee A2A eventually dropping 32x projects due to 32x limitations in favor of focusing solely on the more flexible and more capable 64x programming? I understand at a certain point the old tech must get dropped entirely in favor of focusing the resources on the current tech. I assume current and future 32x projects will continue for quite a little while at least.

My current plan is that I will do a major system upgrade when A2A stops doing FSX/32x projects in favor of 64x and beyond. I guess the main question is, is that move for A2A in the forseeable future or is it way over the horizon?

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

addman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Developer question re P3Dv4 and 64bit

Post by addman »

Good question, I 've been wondering the same thing for a while. I'm quite happy with FSX and P3Dv3.4 atm and a jump to P3Dv4 would be too costly for me. I. personally, don't have any problems with the 32-bit platforms with regards to VAS even though I'm using Orbx scenery and high-res texture. I guess people with the most OOM problems are people flying resource intensive tubeliners in to resource intensive international Airports.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

We wont be leaving FSX just yet, the next multi-platform product from us will be released with an FSX version of the software.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Thanks Lewis...Q'Pla!,

Whenever A2A does it's first 64x project scratch is when I'll plan my PC upgrade to P3Dv4 or whatever P3D version is current at that time.

32x is working fine for me too, I just know 64x offers A2A a bigger programming 'box' for which they can put more stuff into. At some point they will likely start projects solely in 64x due to the flexibility and added capacity. Every accusim project is a growth from the previous with more 'stuff' in it. Like the guy on Jaws said, 'Gonna need a bigger box' for all the accusim goodies. :D So that time will be a good time for PC upgrades.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”