What is the status of VoxATC?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Still Learning
Senior Airman

What is the status of VoxATC?

Post by Still Learning »

I was trying to find out how much the program cost to purchase. I figured that information would be on their "Register" page. And you would pay for the program there, on that page.

Look what I found...
http://voxatc.com/Home.aspx/Register

Anyone know what the license is, at this point? (Freeware, Shareware, Payware.)

Or is the site still up, but have ceased operations? (I don't have a clue.)

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning
As of 8/14/17 | NZXT S340 Elite | AORUS Gaming 7 Z270 | i7 7770K @4.8 GhZ | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11 GB | 16GB DDR 4 RAM @ 2666 MhZ | Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Re: What is the status of VoxATC?

Post by Still Learning »

Still Learning wrote:I was trying to find out how much the program cost to purchase. I figured that information would be on their "Register" page. And you would pay for the program there, on that page.

Look what I found...
http://voxatc.com/Home.aspx/Register

Anyone know what the license is, at this point? (Freeware, Shareware, Payware.)

Or is the site still up, but have ceased operations? (I don't have a clue.)

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning

Well, as it turns out, it's on sale at RC Simulations.co.uk. As of today's date, for 84.95 Pounds including VAT /$ 108.xx (US Dollars)

Still Learning
As of 8/14/17 | NZXT S340 Elite | AORUS Gaming 7 Z270 | i7 7770K @4.8 GhZ | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11 GB | 16GB DDR 4 RAM @ 2666 MhZ | Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

That price is for the CD version of VOXATC 6. The download version is £50 which includes VAT. But there is a 60 day time limited open beta version of VOXATC 7 which is free and can be downloaded from the official website.

kevinfirth
Airman

Post by kevinfirth »

jabloomf1230 wrote:That price is for the CD version of VOXATC 6. The download version is £50 which includes VAT. But there is a 60 day time limited open beta version of VOXATC 7 which is free and can be downloaded from the official website.
hi Jay, good to see you here as well!

We're currently on v7.3 beta, and its widely expected that a v7.4 will be forthcoming, but I'm not the developer, so don't read anything into that too much :p

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

jabloomf1230 wrote:That price is for the CD version of VOXATC 6. The download version is £50 which includes VAT. But there is a 60 day time limited open beta version of VOXATC 7 which is free and can be downloaded from the official website.
I stand corrected, and I thank you for pointing that out.

Is the beta (kinda sorta) stable? or is my worst nightmare about to happen? Because it isn't the "official stable version" I've always been leery alfa's and beta's... Any words of wisdom?

What a/c supports Vox ATC?

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

The 7.3 beta is very stable. It sometimes loses communication with the user for VFR flights, especially at non-tower airports. It works nicely with models from MyTraffic 6 and WOAI to coordinate ATC and Ai traffic. The experience can be improved even further by purchasing a subscription to fsaerodata:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/

fsaerodata uses your existing Navigraph subscription and updates ILS, comms, navaids and procedures for all the default FSX and P3d airports. An A2A aircraft with a Flight1 GTN 750 installed, combined with VOXATC and fsaerodata gives a very realistic flying experience.

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

Is VoxATC menu or voice driven? i.e. Do I have to buy a mic?

Is there a manual?

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

Voice driven. You need a mic, but it has an optional First Officer mode that will handle all airborne and ground destination communications. The manual PDF might be on the website.

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

I would highly recommend not to purchase VoxAtc, there is absolutely no support, the dev has not responded to any requests for over 12 months. I have used VoxAtc for many years, if your running FSX or up to P3d v2, you may wish to concidor, though it is still problematic. Try out the demo first ?

Check out this link and satisfy your curiosity:-
https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/229- ... ort-forum/

I would recommend Pilot2ATC, it is well supported, feature rich, and comes with a good flight planner. It is also compatible with P3d v4. Try out the demo first ?

Check out this link and satisfy your curiosity:-
https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/713- ... ers-forum/

Stay away from Vox, it's dead.

Ivan

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

Thanks RotorWash & jbloomf1230!
I never heard of P2A before...Anyway I went to their website, and watched all of the videos that were on their web site. I am impressed! And the price is nice. :D

So, If you aren't using MCE/FS2Crew, how do you do startups, shutdowns, turn on generators, batteries, fuel pumps, etc, etc, etc?

And how does the program let you know how to get to all of your taxi ways? (Progressive Taxi was nice.)

And would it work in FSX:SE, and with my PMDG J41?

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

Still Learning wrote:Thanks RotorWash & jbloomf1230!
I never heard of P2A before...Anyway I went to their website, and watched all of the videos that were on their web site. I am impressed! And the price is nice. :D

So, If you aren't using MCE/FS2Crew, how do you do startups, shutdowns, turn on generators, batteries, fuel pumps, etc, etc, etc?

And how does the program let you know how to get to all of your taxi ways? (Progressive Taxi was nice.)

And would it work in FSX:SE, and with my PMDG J41?

Thanks in advance,

Still Learning
Works great with FS2Crew, assign a button for PTT in P2A, assign the same button to mute in FS2.

P2A does not controll any of the aircraft systems like FS2 does, however, if you get bogged down with tasks, first officer will take over coms for you.

Taxi ways will be assigned depending on your gate location vs departure/arrival runway. The taxi route will be displayed on your taxi route map.

I'm pretty sure it's compatible with all platforms including XPlane, but check ? Just try the demos, both P2A and VOX, don't take my word :wink:

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

The one thing that put me off that software, Rotor, was the independent transponder. Complete immersion breaker for me.
ImageImage
ImageImage

85chevy4x4
Airman

Post by 85chevy4x4 »

jabloomf1230 wrote:The 7.3 beta is very stable. It sometimes loses communication with the user for VFR flights, especially at non-tower airports. It works nicely with models from MyTraffic 6 and WOAI to coordinate ATC and Ai traffic. The experience can be improved even further by purchasing a subscription to fsaerodata:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/

fsaerodata uses your existing Navigraph subscription and updates ILS, comms, navaids and procedures for all the default FSX and P3d airports. An A2A aircraft with a Flight1 GTN 750 installed, combined with VOXATC and fsaerodata gives a very realistic flying experience.

Out of curiosity, will this work with the default ATC ALSO?

Still Learning
Senior Airman

Post by Still Learning »

Works great with FS2Crew, assign a button for PTT in P2A, assign the same button to mute in FS2.

P2A does not controll any of the aircraft systems like FS2 does, however, if you get bogged down with tasks, first officer will take over coms for you.

Taxi ways will be assigned depending on your gate location vs departure/arrival runway. The taxi route will be displayed on your taxi route map.

I'm pretty sure it's compatible with all platforms including XPlane, but check ? Just try the demos, both P2A and VOX, don't take my word :wink:
I'm not averse to trying FS2Crew, I was just thinking, (and correct me if I'm wrong,) by the time I pay for 3 "expansion packs" 1 for the JS41, 1 Quality Wings 757, and a CoolSky MD-80, wouldn't I have just spent the same amount of money, buying expansion packs from FS2Crew, when I could have bought one M.C.E.?

Or am I missing something, that FS2C excels at, and I'm not aware of? (hence, making it worth the extra money.)

The only reason I haven't downloaded any trials, is I won't have a microphone until tomorrow. I finally decided on Sennheiser SC30. https://www.headsets.com/headset/sennhe ... e-control/

Still Learning

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

85chevy4x4 wrote: Out of curiosity, will this work with the default ATC ALSO?
VOXATC replaces the default ATC, which should be disabled. All 3rd party ATC add-ons have the same requirement.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”