A2A And AS16 Do Not Agree

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

A2A And AS16 Do Not Agree

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

I am having problems with A2A aircraft. When ever I fly with A2A aircraft (P51 and T6 to be precise) AS16 comes up with that it can not download ambient weather. How ever when I fly other aircraft (Milviz F4, F100) the flight ad AS16 go without problem. Has anyone experienced this problem before I have excluded my AS16, HiFi, A2A, FSX and all A2A aircraft from my Anti Virus system. Also I have read the HiFi page about what could be causing such problems.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: A2A And AS16 Do Not Agree

Post by CAPFlyer »

Been using AS16 since it came out with both aircraft and never had an issue. Have you tried re-installing either AS16, the A2A aircraft in question, or both to see if that fixes the issue?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Never any issues here many testers and those on the dev team are AS users.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

No problems here either. FSX Steam and I've mostly flown the Texan since installing AS16.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Have had AS16 (with ASCA) since introduced and fly with 3 A2A aircraft with never a problem.

Sounds like you need to try a re-load.

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

I will try reinstalling AS16 again I dont really want to uninstall my Mustang as its the one that really has the problem with it and I dnt want to lose all my hours that I have done.

oneaokguy
Airman Basic

Post by oneaokguy »

In regards to your concern of losing your hours on P-51, I believe you can a save your P-51 hours and current status by backing up the dat. file for that aircraft in another location and then replace the dat. file created during aircraft reload with the copy. I know there are others on the forum much more familiar with this pratice and can comment any risk or short comings with this method. See link below for discussion of this using automated batch file but simple copy and paste works also. I know I have done it with B-17 files but understand applies to other aircraft also.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... ch#p459669

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Sorry for the late reply. I ended up doing a complete reinstall of AS16 and the P51 and I didnt lose my hours after a couple of flights it seems to have solved the problem.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying

thanks,
Lewis

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Hello everyone I am sad to report that this problem has reared its ugly head again I have done everything to try and solve it. I have done everything that is recommended by Hifi uninstalled and reinstalled both AS16 and A2A aircraft and it keeps coming back.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Are you trying to start your flightsim with the P-51? If so, don't. Always load a default plane, let your sim fully load (scenery, trees, AI traffic etc), then load your P-51. Issues like this can be traced to your computer trying to load too much at once and failing to do so. This is particularly true for FSX as it's so CPU dependent.

Hope this helps,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

When I load the sim it has the default Cessna I have a flight plan loaded which is Farnborough to Marham but apart from that its default. I always load AS16 before loading the sim.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Try an all new flight. If the problem goes away you will know its a corrupt flight. Its best practice to never stick to one save and regulary change it due to the platforms nature of somethimes corrupting an old saved flight.

thanks,
Lewis

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Lewis - A2A wrote:Try an all new flight. If the problem goes away you will know its a corrupt flight. Its best practice to never stick to one save and regulary change it due to the platforms nature of somethimes corrupting an old saved flight.

thanks,
Lewis
I shall give it a go when I get the chance airsoft has kind of taken priority at this time.

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

Ironically, I was experiencing the same thing for almost a year. AS16 would display that annoying message every few flights. I tried uninstalling AS16, rebuilding, etc. What worked for me, was removing SPAD and replacing it with SPAD vNext. I'm not sure why, but I've tried it several times to validate the original SPAD was causing the issue. This might be because of a conflict with a service or setting between SPAD and AS16. This is just what for me but hope this helps.
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”