Accu-Feel for P3Dv4 is coming...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-Feel for P3Dv4 is coming...

Post by MarcE »

portanav7 wrote:How long again before there is a P3Dv4 release?
they have never given any release dates and I doubt you will get an answer here, no matter how often it will be asked. Lewis said they are working on it so patience is all we need to have.

portanav7
Airman Basic

Post by portanav7 »

I don't really want too, but I have to ask again since it's been over seven months past now and we still have not seen Accu-feel for P3Dv4 released. What's the keep back? :roll:
Best Regards,
Michael.

Also proud user of:
Prosim737, P3Dv4, AivlaSoft EFB, PFPX, TOPCAT, FSUIPC, UT2, RAAS Pro, Accu-feel.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Doubt anything is being kept back since they are a company and no one would like to sit on money. :lol: My suspicion would be either there has been issues making it work with 64 bit such as the program needing an entire re-write and being a lot more work than being initially anticipated. Or they could just simply be developing a better follow on program or had some break through of that nature and Accu-feel will no longer be needed in the P3Dv4 era. They are always working toward improvement and coming up with new ideas so who knows what may have happened in the process.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Roadburner426 wrote:My suspicion would be either there has been issues making it work with 64 bit such as the program needing an entire re-write and being a lot more work than being initially anticipated.
Unlikely to be because it is 64 bit, it is already part of fsw and that is 64bit.
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

RotorWash
Staff Sergeant

Post by RotorWash »

Hope theyre not biting off more than they can chew, looks like they have taken on a lot of what would be contractual obligations ? The domestic market have to be very patient ? Im becoming very interested in Xplane, which seems to be moving along at a fast rate of knots, im gonna hold off on any further p3d investment, and see how the other patforms progress ?

jmhelms
Airman

Post by jmhelms »

Give X-Plane a try...new model 11.00
is great...for me, much more difficult than
P3D...but worth it I think....

John H.

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

I just don’t understand why A2A dev’s act like Prepar3D is such a burden. But literally moved heaven and hell to import Accu-feel into FSW. A simulator not even on the same level as P3D, or XP. They didn’t even care to make the version compatible with v3.4. Other people (not on their payroll) had to figure it out. Like what is the beef between A2A and Lockheed? P3D is always the last to see products, but it’s literally the only sim that comes even close to what FSX is while still making use of technological advances. If they are really as honky dory about FSX, and FS2004, why don’t they pay any attention to P3D? That’s what I can’t seem to understand. Anyways, I’m just glad they’re finally paying attention to v4. Better late than never as they say. But y’all watch and see. FSW is going to fall flat on its rear in the future and P3D is still going to be chugging along, and I’d put one of my Halliburton paychecks on it that there’s going to be some regrets in the A2A office about why they invested more time into FSW with this product than P3D.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

¿
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I bought Accu-feel years ago when the J-3 Cub was the only A2A aircraft that I had, and used it for my non-A2A aircraft, such as the MAAM DC-3. As time went by, the only aircraft I was flying were A2A, the J-3, the Comanche, and the P-40. Those don't need Accu-feel, because they already have Accu-sim built in (or ordered separately, for the J-3 and the P-40). Now I have P3Dv4.1, and the only non-A2A aircraft I fly is my Manfred Jahn C-47 V3.14 Beta. Great airplane, but it already has enough bumps and squeaks that I don't know if it needs Accu-feel. So while it's great that A2A is planning to release a P3Dv4 version of Accu-feel, I don't find that as exciting as if instead I'd read about A2A releasing their Accu-sim aircraft, such as the J-3 and the P-40 (and the rest) for P3Dv4.

Seeya
ATB
Last edited by Paughco on 29 Jan 2018, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

For me it isn't about the extra sounds, although they do help. It is the changes to the flight dynamics. There are a handful of aircraft I fly that very obviously miss it. Just flights warrior/arrow are great but they are missing accufeel. In FSW they handle better than p3d due to it being built in. There are some very interesting Just flight aircraft that nobody else makes and with the new Lanc on the way I can't wait.
Chris

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Tutmeister wrote:For me it isn't about the extra sounds, although they do help. It is the changes to the flight dynamics. There are a handful of aircraft I fly that very obviously miss it. Just flights warrior/arrow are great but they are missing accufeel. In FSW they handle better than p3d due to it being built in. There are some very interesting Just flight aircraft that nobody else makes and with the new Lanc on the way I can't wait.
Chris
EXACTLY. The sounds only make 30% of Accu-Feel. It’s about the dynamics. The dynamics is what makes this product it’s worth in gold. I’m just upset they chose a crippling sim (FSW) over the 64 bit monster that most people have chosen when moving from FSX which is P3Dv4.

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

How is fsw crippling?
Chris

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Tutmeister wrote:How is fsw crippling?
Chris
I mean it’s no secret that over the past few months it came out that it hasn’t lived up to par. It’s not worthy of A2A that’s for sure. Why they even gave FSW the time of day is beyond me.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Where has this consensus come out? I have seen otherwise said about FSW. I see it said from many sources in the flight sim world that FSW is quickly shaping up to be the future foundation platform for the future.

I for one will not be investing in P3D while the license terms exclude my type of usage. I fear that I will be left out in the cold one day and there are no benefits for me aside from eye candy which I have no need for.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Deltaair12 wrote:
Tutmeister wrote:How is fsw crippling?
Chris
I mean it’s no secret that over the past few months it came out that it hasn’t lived up to par. It’s not worthy of A2A that’s for sure. Why they even gave FSW the time of day is beyond me.
Can’t say I have seen that from anyone reputable, the only slagging off has come from mainly steam trolls or people who for some reason are against it from succeeding.
Every source says it is shaping up to be something good, it already has newer technologies incorporated and if it was so poor why are some of the biggest names in third party getting on board. If they all thought it had no future why would they waste money developing for it?

Chris

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”