What ever happened to the jets

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Redglyph
Senior Airman

Re: What ever happened to the jets

Post by Redglyph »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:Generally speaking, the main issues that will be involved with supersonic flight won't be texture loading. Most modern computers will be able to handle that unless the aircraft is over mach 1 down on the deck which would be rare if accuracy is involved.
Most issues will be system, thermodynamic, and aerodynamic related.
It would actually be quite easy to put out an aircraft that would exhibit "faux" supersonic capability, but for us at A2A, that would be sacrilegious. :-)
When we finally enter into the mach 1 + realm, we'll be replicating things right and that will take a bit of time.
Dudley Henriques
I'm sure it would be very well modelled, we would expect no less from you guys :D
But yes, that must be quite complex to get it right across those domains.

Not sure what to think about those textures really, my system is quite recent and has fast SSD (but limited by the SATA at 6 GB/s, it's not a PCIe interface). Perhaps the default textures are fine, as said Roadburner, but with Orbx vector and region layers, plus possibly an airport in the distance, it's another matter. I'm just hoping it improves with time and technology, and gets smoother and more fluid.
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Well I can speak for UTX/GEX and FlyTampa airports as it stands now. I decided to do a little test since this wasn't something that I really thought about doing. Now with the stock F-35 at Mach 1.1ish for some reason there was something weird going on with the frames as it wasn't freezing, but it was almost like going in and out of slow motion. So did a repeat with of the same experiment at KBUF, San Diego, and LA with the F-22 and it was perfectly fine at mach 1.2. The Flytampa airport would load in on the horizon, and then would completely load up in high detail when I was about 6 or 7 miles away. However I could see the autogen line where the items were loading at the edge of the draw distance. That seemed to be more of a factor than the textures as I didn't see a single blurry texture looking around. I just need REX to release Skyforce and PMDG to bring the NGX over toward the end of the month to get a total picture of what the performance is going to look like as a whole.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

A subsonic, old timey jet would be a good fun start (with A2A quality of course).

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

T-bird... :wink: Part Comanche (long, straight wings with tip tanks... work with me), part T-6. Hopefully it sees the light of day before P3D V6. After the Model 35 Bonanza will be fine. No pressure.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

DC3 wrote:A subsonic, old timey jet would be a good fun start (with A2A quality of course).
A lovely F-86 would be awesome 8)
Mickel wrote:T-bird... :wink: Part Comanche (long, straight wings with tip tanks... work with me), part T-6. Hopefully it sees the light of day before P3D V6. After the Model 35 Bonanza will be fine. No pressure.
Or that, seems like a lot of fun!
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

lowflyr
Airman

Post by lowflyr »

Put me down for an L-39 or BAE Hawk/T-45. I could even settle for a T-37 or T-33. And how about a BD-5J for those quick hops? Who needs shock waves?

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

What do you guys think about the Alpha Jet? Dudley?

I would love it as an A2A... subsonic, easy to fly, easy to service and still flying regularly for example for Patroullie de France..

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MarcE wrote:What do you guys think about the Alpha Jet? Dudley?

I would love it as an A2A... subsonic, easy to fly, easy to service and still flying regularly for example for Patroullie de France..
Hard to say which way we'll go with the jets. Right now our path is fairly well defined.
DH

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

The F86 in DCS is a hoot to fly and my personal favorite.

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Jet Smet ! :D :D :D
We called them whistling s**t houses in the Navy. :lol:

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Post by dacamp66 »

Boeing b727-200 and those screechy jt8d's
Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”