Possibility of Comanche 400?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Cessna781
Airman

Possibility of Comanche 400?

Post by Cessna781 »

Just saw the run-up video of the Comanche 400 and can already sense the passion Scott has for the extra cylinders. What are the chances of getting a Comanche 400 for FSX/P3D? Maybe even an addon to the Comanche 250? I love the cockpit on the 400 and find that my biggest peeve on the current 250.

Anyways thanks for the video!

[youtubehd1002 606]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPpjxryfD0c[/youtubehd]

Cameron

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: Possibility of Comanche 400?

Post by Roadburner426 »

According to Scott the 400 shares little in common with the usual Comanche's and is basically a whole new airframe. Larger vertical tail, various structural enhancements, and the cockpit layout is different from the 250 we currently have. So would be an all new model. Scott talked about the 400 in this thread: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 00#p459739 . He never said they would or wouldn't do it though, so will just have to see what the future holds.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

"I hope you enjoyed that. I certainly did." Yep. Me 3. Love that sound and the sense of power imparted by the movie. Any time you feel like doing an Accusim Comanche 400, I'll be a day 1 buyer. Your Comanche 250 is easily my favourite FSX plane.

Cheers, and thanks for the video.
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Truckermatt85
Airman

Post by Truckermatt85 »

I'd like to see them do a Comanche 180 myself.

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Wow! Love that sound. I'll take 2 please.
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Anything they produce will sell as long as it continues in the line of greatness they have already established. I'd buy one also
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I love my A2A Pipers and have spent many enjoyable hours in them, and will spend many more. But the Comanche 400 is something of a hot rod or muscle car with wings, if you will. For that reason alone, it's worth doing in Accusim form. I've watched the video a few times and still enjoy it. Please post more videos of this plane, Scott, as it's story with you unfolds.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Possibility yes, but not on the cards right now. Main priority for releases is the P3Dv4 conversion of current P3D fleet and work is already underway for re-releasing of our warbirds etc for the new P3Dv4 platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Possibility yes, but not on the cards right now. Main priority for releases is the P3Dv4 conversion of current P3D fleet and work is already underway for re-releasing of our warbirds etc for the new P3Dv4 platform.

thanks,
Lewis
Aaaand the Accusim twin-trainer, aaaand the Accusim Beaver... :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Main priority for releases is the P3Dv4 conversion of current P3D fleet and work is already underway for re-releasing of our warbirds etc for the new P3Dv4 platform.

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis you win the quote of the day award. I figured the warbirds haven't even had the dust brushed off of them yet as you guys have been re-issuing installers and such for the 172 trying out new stuff. This has to be the best thing I have read all day. :mrgreen:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Medtner wrote:aaaand the Accusim Beaver... :-P

Who cares about A2A... This one is confirmed by the community :mrgreen:

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

MarcE wrote:
Medtner wrote:aaaand the Accusim Beaver... :-P

Who cares about A2A... This one is confirmed by the community :mrgreen:
Indeed it is. Especially now that the new Beaver-addon on the market is deemed to be a good, but not excellent, rendition of the iconic plane. I was worried it might be just good enough for an Accusim Beaver to be overkill, but I'm absolutely sure that A2A would own the market if they made their version.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Possibility yes, but not on the cards right now. Main priority for releases is the P3Dv4 conversion of current P3D fleet and work is already underway for re-releasing of our warbirds etc for the new P3Dv4 platform.

thanks,
Lewis

Glad to see that this one is a possibility, and I quite understand your priorities re P3D V4 right now, and hopefully your first twin. But given the differences between the Comanche 250 and 400, a 400 would be quite instructional. Sim pilots would get a greater understanding of the weight and trim differences, and I imagine the stall characteristics are very different. Also, this plane flies higher than any of the present GA offerings, so an oxygen bottle could be simulated as has been asked for many times. Maybe one day???

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I agree. A 400 with an oxygen bottle simulation would be a great addition to the fleet.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Dogsbody55 wrote:Also, this plane flies higher than any of the present GA offerings
I'd figure, if tuned to nice, smooth lean-of-peak cruise, this airplane would pull some respectable airspeeds at around 8000...11000 ft doing wide-open and bringing back the prop. The A2A 250 starts to lose the best of its performance on economy cruise at those heights, in it, I prefer ~6000 or so. I myself seldom find any need to go higher than that. If trying wide-open cruise in 400 at 6000 ft, I'd expect it to start loosing some less rigid parts along the way... :mrgreen:

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”