I'm BACK! Yes!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
flaminghotsauce
Senior Airman

I'm BACK! Yes!

Post by flaminghotsauce »

I've gotten SO busy in the last year, my flying in RL stopped, and my sim work went to nearly the same status. I joined a band last spring, and have been spending my time and excess cash on that. I play drums, FYI. Used to be a touring professional, gave it up for the home/family lifestyle.

So this vacation, I finally fired up my simulator, fought through the missing throttle issues, and had some flight time! The Carenado 172 closely resembles our actual club airplane, so that was the first stop. Couple of circuits and I was done. I HAD to get into the A2A planes.

182 from KOTM to KIRK VFR! Did the walk around, very meticulously stepped through all the check lists, and flew as high as I thought proper to make it a more challenging flight. Airplane was in good shape, although the mechanic always yells at me for leaving it sitting for too long. The taxi was delicious, the takeoff almost gave me chills and the flight was busy enough to keep my focus. FANTASTIC. I remember all over again why I buy these A2A products. After that flight, I hopped into the A2A 172 to do some landing/pattern work between Ottumwa and Oskaloosa airports. Oskaloosa has the same runways, 31/13 - 04/22, but the 04/22 is narrow and short. Good place for crosswind work.

OMG it is so AWESOME to be back in the saddle! I haven't even visited these forums much. Last post was last September.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”