Top Gun II

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Top Gun II

Post by mallcott »

A-26Invader wrote:WAIT! So you're telling me Kenny Loggins 'playing with the boys' didn't want to make you go play volleyball with a bunch of other dudes!? :lol:
Not for me. Although as a youngster (and around aircraft) I did develop an unhealthy interest in female flight instructors... :wink:

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

n421nj wrote:Cgi has changed greatly since the first one came out. There could be some great dog fight scenes.
No there won't. BVR and modern missile and radar tech means the fight will take place from 30 miles apart, often with the combatants being directed and painted via high powered aircraft-mounted radars 200 miles away. Lets see if they simulate that!

In fact by the time of release it may well be the `pilots` are fat 20 year old geeks barely able to get out of the recliner sitting in containers on the ground at bases half a world away, remotely flying super-manoeuvrable drones that can pull 14g and engage/disengage at will.

Still, least that might give Val Kilmer a part... :twisted:

Top Gun was of its time.
Its time has passed.

Much like Tom Cruise. Jack Reacher? Really?

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Wow harsh!

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/25/val-kilme ... t-6661266/

Cruise also said he would do it so long as there was no CGI aircraft.

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Not for me. Although as a youngster (and around aircraft) I did develop an unhealthy interest in female flight instructors... :wink:[/quote]

Yeah it corrupted me as well!
ImageImageImage

av8erjm
Airman First Class

Post by av8erjm »

Aw gee guys, is there no one here that will admit to walking out to a buck n' a half or a Cherokee 140 and saying I feel the need for speed, or telling some pilot friend he's about 5 seconds from flying rubber dog ?()^ out of Hong Kong. ROFLMAO

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

av8erjm wrote:Aw gee guys, is there no one here that will admit to walking out to a buck n' a half or a Cherokee 140 and saying I feel the need for speed, or telling some pilot friend he's about 5 seconds from flying rubber dog ?()^ out of Hong Kong. ROFLMAO
Erm, no.

But I might - just might - have been caught singing "Highway to the Danger Zone" when cloud scudding in the Europa... :oops: :roll:

Taka taka
Senior Airman

Post by Taka taka »

I am looking for a substantial twist.

Female lead

Story from the point of view of the Aggressor Squadron

Accent of a different aspect - The E2 drivers
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”