Perpared v4 (64 bit) announced!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Perpared v4 (64 bit) announced!

Post by Medtner »

I am very excited about this. Let's hope A2A is onboard eventually! :-D

http://www.prepar3d.com/
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Perpared v4 (64 bit) announced!

Post by Medtner »

...... and good greif how well it seems to work! I'm watching a stream showing it off. Damn!

This is going to be a good summer! :-D

And thanks to A2A who are bringing their P3D planes over to v4 for free, and who will also take the trouble to bring their older fleet over too in the course of time (for pay)!

Happy, happy times! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Holy cow! May 30th! Finally! Gotta feeling this is going to show em how its done! ;)

Been checking P3D web site daily since first rumours in late Februrary.... Can't wait to see how it goes... But to be honest, my hopes are very high...
My hope number 1: More GPU utilization for even smoother experience in VR with FlyInside... 40-50% gpu load with a i5-4690k Oced to 4.7Ghz leaves plenty of room for improvement when we think about it...
Number two on list: Smoother experience in very detailed ORBX sceneries.. My computer really struggles in CYSE...

One more week to wait!
Thank for sharing the news!

Steph

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

stephan.cote.1 wrote:Holy cow! May 30th! Finally! Gotta feeling this is going to show em how its done! ;)

Been checking P3D web site daily since first rumours in late Februrary.... Can't wait to see how it goes... But to be honest, my hopes are very high...
My hope number 1: More GPU utilization for even smoother experience in VR with FlyInside... 40-50% gpu load with a i5-4690k Oced to 4.7Ghz leaves plenty of room for improvement when we think about it...
Number two on list: Smoother experience in very detailed ORBX sceneries.. My computer really struggles in CYSE...

One more week to wait!
Thank for sharing the news!

Steph
I'm watching a livestream from one of the beta-testers. It is stunning! This is a revolution, believe it or not! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

afcraig2010
Staff Sergeant

Post by afcraig2010 »

I was getting OOMs like crazy lately. Did a flight from Bremerton to Seattle in the Constellation and I started hearing the alerts... similar flights experienced the same issues with all A2A planes and ORBX scenery. Finally, no more! This sim update is huge!
Craig
CFI, ATP (Q400)

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

This one is interesting:

• New 3D Rain/Snow system

It is an important realism item that has been lacking on the platform. Is rain/snow finally visible from distance, and not a local on/off effect anymore? So that a rain shower moving to your approach path can actually block your view of the runway for instance?

-Esa

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Is v4 a complete reinstall over v3? And are there any differences between the academic and professional versions?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”