Nice shot of Capt. Jake left seat in the Comanche

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Nice shot of Capt. Jake left seat in the Comanche

Post by Scott - A2A »

I just thought I'd share this shot I took while sitting in the back seat on an extremely gusty day on final. The A2A Comanche 250 is a trusted friend of the family.

Notice his nice high approach just before dropping in for short final.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Nice shot of Capt. Jake left seat in the Comanche

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scott - A2A wrote:I just thought I'd share this shot I took while sitting in the back seat on an extremely gusty day on final. The A2A Comanche 250 is a trusted friend of the family.

Scott.
Base to final turn good, airspeed good, rate of descent good.
Do me a favor will you please. Have Jake do something wrong for a change so I can feel important and correct it. :-))
D

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

At least Jake knows how to fly VFR correctly. After watching the Sim CFI videos I have been trying to correct my bad habits after thousands of hours of doing it wrong. That turn from downwind, to base, and then to final is killer for me. Everything looks perfect though to me, balanced tanks, good decent, can't ask for anything more. On a side note though it must be weird for you getting all this back seat time now. :lol: Earlier this year we bought a conversion van so we can take our parents around with us, and my dad after getting in the back for the first time made an interesting statement I never thought of. He told me how weird it was sitting in the back after all the years of me growing up in the back of our original 1987 conversion van, and he never thought he'd be sitting in the back getting driven around by me. He loves it now of course, but is definitely not something I would have ever thought of.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:I just thought I'd share this shot I took while sitting in the back seat on an extremely gusty day on final. The A2A Comanche 250 is a trusted friend of the family.

Scott.
Base to final turn good, airspeed good, rate of descent good.
Do me a favor will you please. Have Jake do something wrong for a change so I can feel important and correct it. :-))
D
Awesome, I would take that as a compliment of the highest order Captain Jake :D
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Scott,

Ii is heartwarming to see the pride you have in your son. Raising children is not for the faint of heart. My compliments to you and those that have mentored Jake into an obviously fine and accomplished young man.

Vince

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Times sure have changed. Jake was my hero when he landed the Comanche by himself for the first time.

Scott: "You wanna try a touch and go at Robertson? You wanna try bringing her in? "
Jake: "No!"
Scott: "I'm not going to let you put the wheels on the ground but I'll let you do an approach."
Jake: "Fine." "FINE."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSzAWQawZ8[/youtube]

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Hobart Escin wrote:Times sure have changed. Jake was my hero when he landed the Comanche by himself for the first time.

Scott: "You wanna try a touch and go at Robertson? You wanna try bringing her in? "
Jake: "No!"
Scott: "I'm not going to let you put the wheels on the ground but I'll let you do an approach."
Jake: "Fine." "FINE."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSzAWQawZ8[/youtube]
This video always brings tears to my eyes. And how lovely to see the continuation of this project! Hope Cpt. Jake makes some videos whenever he feels like it! :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I knew he could land it because he was acing the simulations. He just had to get past the initial fear of "breaking Dad's airplane."

So when I told him "I'm not going to let you land it, but you can do an approach" I knew this was the only way he would agree to it. I'm so glad I had this on video.

And it cracks me up after his landing, he pauses, thinks and says "that was a little bit of a hard landing though?" And that is what it takes to keep improving, always trying to reach higher.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scott - A2A wrote:I knew he could land it because he was acing the simulations. He just had to get past the initial fear of "breaking Dad's airplane."

So when I told him "I'm not going to let you land it, but you can do an approach" I knew this was the only way he would agree to it. I'm so glad I had this on video.

And it cracks me up after his landing, he pauses, thinks and says "that was a little bit of a hard landing though?" And that is what it takes to keep improving, always trying to reach higher.

Scott.
It's funny how much you and I are alike in our thinking.
I had several signs printed and made up and hung over my desk in my flight office.
One of them read, " As a pilot you will never achieve perfection, but on every flight you make, never cease trying to achieve it."
D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Proud dad moments are the best.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

n421nj wrote:Proud dad moments are the best.
I agree totally! Thank you for posting, Scott.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”