Private Pilot Training | New series

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
afcraig2010
Staff Sergeant

Private Pilot Training | New series

Post by afcraig2010 »

I started a new PPL training series with the Cherokee 180. Now that I have some instructing experience, I wanted to refine my previous videos. You'll find that the information is presented in a more streamlined fashion.

This set of videos is made with real world student pilots in mind and I plan to have my students watch these videos before flying. It's a great pre-brief for what they're going to do. These first 10 videos get you the flying knowledge required for your first solo.
:arrow: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... AZ_-6CG-Ln
Craig
CFI, ATP (Q400)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Private Pilot Training | New series

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Wonderful! Just managed to watch the first episode.(gotta go to the office) Very well explained and presented as usual, can't wait to watch the rest. :D
Thank you for making these, there is always something new to learn especially if one is not RW pilot.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great job man, finishing watching part 1 just now. Great new series, but just heard the news about Ian Warren passing so going to have a bit of a break in the day now.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello again,

As I continue to watch these Private pilot new series, I was wondering if you consider making some IFR training videos. :?: :roll: I understand that IFR flight is much more complex and obligatory, but it would be great to see some of the basics shown in one of the many A2A wonderful aircraft. :mrgreen:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

wingnut116
Airman

Post by wingnut116 »

I've been watching these over the past few weeks to remind me of operations for the real world and overall information. Very nicely done!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
--
Don

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Best of luck with your films.
Last edited by DHenriques_ on 19 May 2017, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Great videos! There's some really good info in there that you just can't get from a flight sim. Sorry for pestering you with aerodynamics, though :D

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hello again,

As I continue to watch these Private pilot new series, I was wondering if you consider making some IFR training videos. :?: :roll: I understand that IFR flight is much more complex and obligatory, but it would be great to see some of the basics shown in one of the many A2A wonderful aircraft. :mrgreen:

Cheerz,
Will
Sim CFI has a very nice IFR flight from Chico to Redding, California. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqTHSRV ... 82BzdiVe4l. I managed to survive duplicating the flight in my Comanche. There are a few other IFR gems in there as well.

I marvel at how realistic our flight sim experience has become.

Seeya
ATB

afcraig2010
Staff Sergeant

Post by afcraig2010 »

Cheerz,
Will
I started making some IFR videos but to be honest, I got lazy and stopped studying. I need to study a lot more to regain most of that knowledge, especially enough to teach it. Eventually I'll have it because I'll need to have it before I interview for the airlines next year.
Craig
CFI, ATP (Q400)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

afcraig2010 wrote:

Cheerz,
Will
I started making some IFR videos but to be honest, I got lazy and stopped studying. I need to study a lot more to regain most of that knowledge, especially enough to teach it. Eventually I'll have it because I'll need to have it before I interview for the airlines next year.
Sounds great, looking forward to see some more IFR (and other flight) videos in the future. I have watched many times your videos about enroute charts, departure and arrival procedures and approach plates and I find them very useful and interesting.
I have finished the latest series for private pilot from your channel last night and must say, I have not watched any videos made in the sim with such good academic and clear explanation on the matter. Saying this, I believe I share the opinion for everyone in this community.

Cheerz,
Will

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Great series, thanks a lot for sharing! :)
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”