Aerobatic Textbook

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
joedu
Airman

Aerobatic Textbook

Post by joedu »

Hello everybody,

I wanted to share a couple of youtube videos for aerobatic figuers. I stumbled upon them while trying to master the hammerhead turn in the T6. After watching these vids I slowly start to master the hammerhead turn.

Hope you find these useful.

Greetz,
Joerg
Joerg

Image Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Aerobatic Textbook

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice videos good find. I'm sure Dudley will have a comment or two with some extra insight and input hehe :lol:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Aerobatic Textbook

Post by DHenriques_ »

These are excellent videos from Ward and they do a credible job of explaining maneuvers in a down home relaxed and informative style designed for the novice.
One thing to keep in mind when viewing these films is that not all aerobatic aircraft are alike in how they are flown through any specific maneuver. Basically this amounts to the amount of power in play at any given time and in the way control pressures will vary from aircraft type to aircraft type.
But the basics are all there and the videos are very well done.
As an example of what I'm talking about concerning the above we can compare the Extra used in the film and say a P51 Mustang. Doing a Hammerhead comparing the two airplanes the amount of control pressure required for each type will be like night and day. The Extra, being designed with neutral stability will require a very gentle hand on the controls during the pivot at the apex where the forces present at the pivot in the Mustang will be HUGE and require much more control to achieve a good apex pivot.
Doing aerobatics in the sim might vary a bit from what you see depicted on the films due to the sim's limitations and the fact that the film uses an Extra. But as I said, the basics are the same.

A2A has worked long and hard to get the aerobatic flight model as close to real as possible so if you follow the instructions in the films you should be able to do basic aerobatics in the sim to some degree of accuracy. Know as well that A2A is working constantly to meld better and better aircraft behavior into the Accusim program.
Dudley Henriques

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”