Those fantastic details in Accusim

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Those fantastic details in Accusim

Post by Medtner »

I'm preflighting the AT-6, and am sitting in the cockpit as the propeller is rotated to check for hydraulic lock. What's that? The manifold pressure gauge is moving ever so slightly. Is there an extremely uneven barometric pressure here? No, it's Accusim modelling the slight compression in the cylinders when they are pushed through!

Anyone else noticing similar beautiful attentions to detail?
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Those fantastic details in Accusim

Post by Paughco »

Go to the outside view, and move around back. Zoom in to the area between the vertical stabilizer and rudder. See that zinc chromate in the back of the vertical stabilizer? We have a real airplane! It just happens to reside in our computers.

Seeya
ATB

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Medtner wrote:I'm preflighting the AT-6, and am sitting in the cockpit as the propeller is rotated to check for hydraulic lock. What's that? The manifold pressure gauge is moving ever so slightly. Is there an extremely uneven barometric pressure here? No, it's Accusim modelling the slight compression in the cylinders when they are pushed through!

Anyone else noticing similar beautiful attentions to detail?
That's great, I hadn't noticed that. It's a living, breathing engine under there rather than a noise maker with an on off switch like other FSX planes.

I had hydraulic lock on my T-6 last week for the first time. I was happy!

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I don't know why that surprises you, we're talking AccuSim here. I take little details like that for granted.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I agree accusim is in a league of its own.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Just now flying the T6, my carb iced over. Gradual loss of power but I had enough to put it down safely in an open field. Idling in the rain, I watched the manifold pressure drop and the engine eventually sputter out.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

afcraig2010
Staff Sergeant

Post by afcraig2010 »

I get amusement when people try to compare recent additions to the flight sim market as being "equal to or better than Accu-sim". :lol:
Craig
CFI, ATP (Q400)

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

afcraig2010 wrote:I get amusement when people try to compare recent additions to the flight sim market as being "equal to or better than Accu-sim". :lol:
Which ones, btw? I haven't been following the addon developments lately.

-Esa

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

Lets not start bashing other developers work. They all serve a purpose in bringing aircraft and addons to the FSX/P3D community to their own respective areas of the market.
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Skycat wrote:Just now flying the T6, my carb iced over. Gradual loss of power but I had enough to put it down safely in an open field. Idling in the rain, I watched the manifold pressure drop and the engine eventually sputter out.
It's good to have that carb heat ;)

In fact - use the mixture temperature gauge actively, and you'll be able to adjust the carb heat to hold it in the green (around 10-20 degrees C or so). This will remove the ice, but not raise the temp so much that you can get other problems. A very useful gauge. I had a long flight a couple of days ago (indeed the one I was writing about in the OP) in rain. Had do adjust the carb heat to maintain temps above melting point.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Krycekuk wrote:Lets not start bashing other developers work. They all serve a purpose in bringing aircraft and addons to the FSX/P3D community to their own respective areas of the market.
I don't think there is any reason to bash anyone? Quite contrary, if other developers have learned from A2A it only means they likely make better models of airplanes that A2A doesn't have on their plate. I just haven't gotten many, as most GAs have usually brought little in from the real deal, but would be very interested to hear if there are other high quality, "hard core level" GAs out there as well - except that slowly progressing PC-6 by Marcel!

-Esa

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Those little details are great to see! :D

It only becomes a problem when using an aircraft from another brand, one easily gets too demanding. We have been so spoiled ;)
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Taka taka
Senior Airman

Post by Taka taka »

I was flying at night and the windscreen compass was black.

D'oh

I had turned on lighting but not instrument back lighting.

If you think about it, this sort of modeling should be de rigueur but sadly are not.

And then there is modeling the aerodynamics.

This is the Gold Standard as far as I am concerned.
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”