Separate hours for multiple paints of the same aircraft

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
wingnut116
Airman

Separate hours for multiple paints of the same aircraft

Post by wingnut116 »

Hello all!

I'm going to try and ask a question without it getting too confusing. I was wondering if there was any to separate hours of the same airframe with multiple paint schemes? I've noticed currently if I'm flying the Cherokee or the Comanche and fly a different variation the engine and airframe hours stay the same, much like as if I take the same aircraft and repaint it before I use it. I mainly want to have a few Cherokees, one for me and one to teach my girlfriend how to fly without damaging my plane. Is it possible to essentially turn each repaint into it's own simobject aircraft with accusim or would it cause problems with everything. Just a question. I was brainstorming it last night while trying to fall asleep :lol:

P.s. I didn't get much sleep after that :roll:
--
Don

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Separate hours for multiple paints of the same aircraft

Post by Gypsy Baron »

The only way is to save/restore separate DAT files. Save the DAT file from the aircraft
you just flew and load a saved DAT file for an aircraft you are about to fly.

I created a couple of batch files for the two aircraft I fly that I want to keep separate
hours/status for different paints. The setup of the files needed to keep track of the
current paint in use and some other housekeeping stuff is a bit more complicated than
I can describe here but once done it is just a matter of starting the BAT file and making
a couple of selections from the menu that is presented.....Which paint is/was flown and
Save/LOad the DAT file for that paint.

Somewhere in these forums I posted a link to a download package that I created with
installation instructions but I don't remember which forum I posted that info in.

Paul

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Here is a link to a post I made some time ago with the text of the batch file I created
for the Cherokee.

There are detailed instructions on how to install this for that aircraft.
One can modify the files to load/save dat files for another aircraft .
You just have to read the details and then take your time to make the
changes.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 78#p334109

Paul

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Yes. Those batch files have been very useful to me over the years. I used to drag-n-drop before that but these BAT files are a far more elegant solution.

Thank you Paul. :wink:

Edit:
This is the original B17 batch file I have edited to suit over the years.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=37021

Cheers.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”