FSX switches to windowed mode

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

FSX switches to windowed mode

Post by dvm »

Since I installed my new Samsung monitor FSX switches to windowed mode when ever I go to a settings window or instant replay. I can't find any option in the monitor setup which is a nightmare to negotiate which is another issue, too much crap not enough TP. :D The only thing I can find is this double entry in my FSX CFG. Could this be the problem. Not sure if I should delete one of the entries or which one. If I remember reading somewhere a long time ago you should only have one entry. Anyone out there have a solution.

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 .0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
Anisotropic=1
AntiAlias=1
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 .0.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
Anisotropic=1
AntiAlias=1

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: FSX switches to windowed mode

Post by cristi.neagu »

Hello
Backup fsx.cfg, delete the line, try to see if it's fixed. If it's not, try with the other line. If it all fails, restore the file to how it was. What's the worst that can happen?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi,
Sometimes the fsx.cfg gets corrupted , if after making a back up and deleting one of the video cards does not fix it , make a note of all your fsx setting , then delete the FSX.cfg , restart FSX and it will generate a new FSX.CFG , the go through all your settings to reset them to your notes , this includes any controller/keyboard sett ups.
DO NOT DELETE YOUR BACKUP fsx .cfg file just incase you need to putit back as was.
regards alan . 8)

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Thanks for the help gentleman. I tried everything but I was at a loss so I took your advice and deleted the CFG file. I was reluctant as I knew I was going to have to put back my DX10 tweaks. That fixed it and I have put back the tweaks etc. All is well in FSX land. Not sure what happened but it seems to have started when I got my new monitor but probably just a coincidence. Computers ! :?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

A new monitor if its a big change and your using special drivers could indeed be detected like a new GPU a cause that one for sure.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Thanks Lewis,

Perhaps not a coincidence after all.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”