Elevator force adjustment

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Elevator force adjustment

Post by Paughco »

WOW - I didn't know that an elevator force adjustment existed until just now. All I knew was that the elevators on my A2A aircraft, especially the T-6, were very sensitive. It seemed all too easy to over correct and balloon during flare. This adjustment is just below the volume adjustment in the SHIFT-3 panel. I tried setting the elevator force control on 50 for my T-6 and then shot some touch and goes and it feels MUCH better. OH, shucky-darns! Now I'll have to test fly all my other A2A aircraft to explore this new option!

I discovered this feature in thread http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=46313.

Seeya
ATB

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Elevator force adjustment

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, this is there as an adjustment for different hardware and different tastes in sensitivity from the pilot's pov.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Thank you for this adding this to the Shift3 menu. I have a Thrustmaster T.1600M FCS stick and HOTAS throttle. The T-6 felt overly sensitive in pitch, especially during flare, but now she feels just about perfect.

Seeya
ATB

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi, and thanks for throwing some light on that option,

Like Paughco, I did not paid much attention to it in the beginning, but boy this gives some new experience to all the aircraft that have it. I can remember making some difficult approaches with the T-6 or the C182, like disarming a nuke - my Logitech Force3D is very sensitive.
I have set the elevator force adjustment to 50 for the T-6, 30 for C182 and 20 for C172 and the Cherokee. Very different experience. :wink:

P.S. Are there any presets or advises to how much this force adjustment can be set? For example to differentiate the lighter GA from heavier GA planes and from the warbirds on the other hand?

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”