which simulator

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Re: which simulator

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

cristi.neagu wrote:If FSW and P3D​ are going where everyone hopes they're going, then FSX will lose a lot of people. Of course, it might turn out that FSW will have a business model so bad that it's economic suicide to try to mod it, and P3D will finally make up its mind about licensing, and decide they want to be commercial only. Then we're all back to FSX. But I do have to agree that right now there's not much wrong with FSX. I'm running it with ORBX scenery, almost maxed out sliders, and never even got close to an OOM.
My understanding is:
that LM P3D want or not to be Commercial only.. but rather that they are stuck being commercial only...
MS sold the entertainment right of FS to DTG (FSX:SE) and the commercial/training rights to Lockheed Martin...
Hence the Pro or Accademic licenses choices when buying P3D..

Its one of those case where we might want to be careful not making to many waves with our personnal usage of P3D if we don't want LM to get in trouble for marketing a 70$ Accademic version of P3D....

my two cents...

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: which simulator

Post by cristi.neagu »

Lockheed won't get in trouble over it. Their license is quite clear. The end user will be the one getting in trouble.

Edit: "Lockheed won't get in Truckee over it"? Thanks autocorrect...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”