Sleeping beauty??

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Sleeping beauty??

Post by Scott - A2A »

Bruce is correct. The buy / fly / sell operation only works if it's profitable, and that is the challenge and one I very much want to succeed.

Personally, I'd love to Accu-Sim the 400. The thing is like a Warbird. Yesterday when I started the 400 every head in the airport turned and was glued on the plane. I could hear them thinking "what the heck is in that cowling?"

I honestly can't say one way or the other as we have a lot on our plate atm. Right now my immediate goals are to get the Aerostar and 400 through annual and see where they are at and keep everything moving forward.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote:Bruce is correct. The buy / fly / sell operation only works if it's profitable, and that is the challenge and one I very much want to succeed.

Personally, I'd love to Accu-Sim the 400. The thing is like a Warbird. Yesterday when I started the 400 every head in the airport turned and was glued on the plane. I could hear them thinking "what the heck is in that cowling?"

I honestly can't say one way or the other as we have a lot on our plate atm. Right now my immediate goals are to get the Aerostar and 400 through annual and see where they are at and keep everything moving forward.

Scott.
An Accusim Comanche 400 is monstrously appealing! The comparison of the flight dynamics and the power would be so interesting.

"There is no replacement for displacement", a wise one said sometime.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

The comparison between the 250, the 400, and the P-51 would be great fun to explore.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

How much does the 400 share with the 250? I'd think if they were similar in some areas then some of the work accusimming it should be done already. You could have a fully accusimmed aircraft for half the work.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

As Scott said above, the 250 and 400 don't have that much in common:
Scott - A2A wrote:The 400 isn't just a 250 with a bigger engine. You can see the entire front cowling is different, and the tail is bigger sharing no common parts with the 250.

It's about 500 lbs heavier than the 250, but perhaps the biggest difference is the balance. The 250 is just a perfectly balanced airplane, while the 400 is nose heavy that requires a lot more trimming.

Scott.
And i am fairly certain that A2A wouldn't drop their standards to make the 400. "Similar" is just not close enough, me thinks.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

cristi.neagu wrote:As Scott said above, the 250 and 400 don't have that much in common:
Scott - A2A wrote:The 400 isn't just a 250 with a bigger engine. You can see the entire front cowling is different, and the tail is bigger sharing no common parts with the 250.

It's about 500 lbs heavier than the 250, but perhaps the biggest difference is the balance. The 250 is just a perfectly balanced airplane, while the 400 is nose heavy that requires a lot more trimming.

Scott.
And i am fairly certain that A2A wouldn't drop their standards to make the 400. "Similar" is just not close enough, me thinks.
However...

There are good reasons to do it. For one the pure fun and coolness of the 400, but the comparison is a potential learning experience. We have two different Spirfires, two different Mustangs, 4 different Cubs, and so forth. This is a natural thing, and who else are in a position to do a 400? Nobody. I'm sure A2A can't resist. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Personally, I'd like to see a turbo twin before anything else. But, to be honest, if it's coming out of A2A it'll be good no matter what it is.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Medtner wrote:I'm sure A2A can't resist. :)
Scott also mentioned a lot on their plate at the moment, guessing we'll find out what is next at the upcoming FSC. If he keeps turning heads every time he starts the 400, somebody may wave a big wad of cash under his nose, and she'll be gone.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:
Medtner wrote:I'm sure A2A can't resist. :)
Scott also mentioned a lot on their plate at the moment, guessing we'll find out what is next at the upcoming FSC. If he keeps turning heads every time he starts the 400, somebody may wave a big wad of cash under his nose, and she'll be gone.
That's indeed true. But what about the flightsimmer-heads turning when we get to fire it up in our sim? We can also provide the cash, and then he can sell it. Not Comanche 400-cash, I guess, but something, nonetheless.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

.... and just listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NvS8uZSGbU

Or this, from the same plane, filmed from inside the nose gear well. That sound... damn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlhkC-d8SVk

Who wouldn't want to have this sound in an Accusimmed Comanche 400? :P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Would love to hear the 400 in sim...

...wicked sounding engine!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS7tVZi5d1E

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”