Add-on to improve plane persistence.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
boomshinesaigon
Airman

Add-on to improve plane persistence.

Post by boomshinesaigon »

Description:
I've made a small program that keeps track of the plane state past what Accu-Sim currently does. This avoids any issue related to scenario files (scenario corruption), that is saving and reloading your own scenario to save. This program's source will be available once I'm satisfied with the code; if you want it sooner you can PM me. This program is currently in alpha and has not been fully tested. This program actually works for every plane in the game (allegedly).

Why:
Part of the A2A pre-flight is to check for proper trim tabs. However, since Accu-Sim currently does not track trim tabs (you have to use the save scenario feature of the sim), I'd start most flights knowing that my trim tabs were always reset to neutral. I wanted any mistake I made, in this case checking the tabs, to have an effect... say on take-off.

Disclaimer:
- I only have Prepar3d. This means that I have not tested this on FSX/FSX:SE at all. If any of you could try it and report back, that'd be great.
- This is not associated in any way with A2A Simulations. Don't blame them if your computer catches fire. I'm close to sure it won't, so don't worry.
- Not malware. Feel free to scan or reverse engineer or PM me for the source and compile it yourself, no offense will be taken.

Files:
plane_state.exe - keeps track of all your planes' trim tabs.
state.bin - binary file that stores data used by plane_state.exe. This file can be deleted to reset all plane trim tabs to neutral.

Features:
- Persistent trim tabs (elevator, rudder, aileron).

Future features:
- More persistent stuff (magnetos, starter and anything else I can find).
- User friendly console interface (bring your glasses).
- Feel free to suggest anything (unrelated: I'm thinking of a camera system, but this might not happen).

Installation:
- Extract the .rar file anywhere.
- A sample state.bin file is provided for the A2A C182 and A2A Pa24-250 with elevator trim tabs set to neutral as indicated in the virtual cockpit (previously defaulted to above neutral). This can be safely deleted.

How-to-use:
- Go to the folder that was extracted from the .rar file.
- Open plane_state.exe.
- Open the simulator.
- Fly around.
- Close the simulator. The program will automatically save its state to state.bin and close itself.

(last updated: 22/04/2017) Download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=724 ... 8190550975
Last edited by boomshinesaigon on 27 Apr 2017, 13:12, edited 2 times in total.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Add-on to improve plane persistence.

Post by n421nj »

So this is just a persistent trim tab program?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

boomshinesaigon
Airman

Post by boomshinesaigon »

n421nj wrote:So this is just a persistent trim tab program?
That is correct. Accu-Sim makes almost everything else persistent, so why not have these as well since they're part of the checklist.

I was making this for myself, but I'm sharing it in case someone else wants persistent trim tabs as well. I'm looking into what else the SimConnect API provides as well since I just got started with it.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Ok cool. I was just curious. I wonder why A2A doesnt model the trim tab persistency
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”